Queues outside M1 turnstiles and over the top security

You shouldn't be wearing a beanie hat in May (hopefully).

Good spot.

Who is going to wear a coat, a fleece and a beanie hat on the last home game of the season in May, as you rightly pointed out. But you get me point hopefully?

Where do you live, Ancoats ?

If so no excuses I agree, but I live 170 miles away, so road/train delays can have a serious effect on arrival time, and are completely out of my control.

On Saturday I was nearer than I normal am (Lincoln), but even so I had a terrible journey (nearly 3 hours), and ended up in the late queue, so missed kick off.
You are an adult (I assume). If you can’t get somewhere on time don’t blame anyone but yourself. The fact you missed kick off on Saturday is nobody’s fault but your own. If you are travelling a long distance set off earlier.

Yes there are queues at M1. So fucking what. I’d rather security be OTT and it be safe. Get there earlier as it’s been like that since the new tier in the SS opened.

Trouble these days is people always want to blame someone or something else for their own inabilities and failings.

You are an adult (I assume). If you can’t get somewhere on time don’t blame anyone but yourself. The fact you missed kick off on Saturday is nobody’s fault but your own. If you are travelling a long distance set off earlier.

Yes there are queues at M1. So fucking what. I’d rather security be OTT and it be safe. Get there earlier as it’s been like that since the new tier in the SS opened.

Trouble these days is people always want to blame someone or something else for their own inabilities and failings.
Okay and what about midweek games do you think people’s bosses are all understanding and willing to let employees leave early? have you tried to travel around Manchester at rush hour?

I can accept your point regarding weekend games but what do you propose for midweek games? the issue still exists. As others and myself have pointed out these checks do not offer anymore security but purely a facade, to be seen to be doing something rather than it actually finding objects or not even properly doing it!

It’s always M1 with the largest queues so is every single person late ? Or can we attribute some blame to an inefficient process?

What a guy .............

With respect fuck off !

I didn't complain about the queue either, as I expected it at that time, I normally get inside about 45 minutes before kick off, despite how far I travel.

For the record I set off in plenty of time, but a serious accident prevented me getting there.

With respect fuck off !

I didn't complain about the queue either, as I expected it at that time, I normally get inside about 45 minutes before kick off, despite how far I travel.

For the record I set off in plenty of time, but a serious accident prevented me getting there.
Well said Cleavers. There can be many mitigating factors for not getting to the ground on time.
I left home 2 hours early to get to the Burnley game as I wanted to be there to see VK and welcome him (quietly) home. 1 hour 45 minutes later I was just over 1mile and a half from my home and when I could manage to I turned and went home just in time to catch it on TV.
Incidents happen, life happens we can't always have what we want, we can't always get to places on time.

The queues will be what they are, as I said life happens. We have to live with it as best we can. :-) :-)

*whispers* but I did see John Boy on Saturday against Everton!!! ;-)

I find it is so inconsistent every game against Burnley when it was non stop raining at entrance C the steward for the 1st time ever wanted me to empty my pockets but on Saturday at same entrance just give me a quick scan with his wand, kids have to be asked age as they cannot check under 16's which is if you wanted to smuggle something in , then this is how you would, been to the US to watch New York City at Yankee Stadium, ice hockey at Madison Square Garden and Capital One Arena in Washington DC and more recently a NFL game in Vegas and for every one of them it was airport style with emptying pockets into a tray and walking through metal detectors and find this doesn't take as long as it does sometimes to get into Etihad

Reactions: jrb
Perhaps I’m wrong, but surely people would only need to empty their pockets, bags, and open their coats, take their hats off, etc, if the wands actually beeped and picked something up. (which the wand has never done when I’ve been scanned) If the wand did beep and the steward asked me to empty my pockets, to take my coat off, to take my hat off, I would. Whereas, if I’ve been wanded and the wand hasn’t beeped, why would the steward ask me to open my coat or to take my hat off? All that is doing is holding up the queue behind me, wasting other peoples time, wasting my time, and wasting the stewards time for no reason at all, bar, I would assume, the steward deciding I was the person who will have to open their coat.

I honestly don’t recall ever being told to open my coat going into a concert, a night club, a bar, a restaurant, or at any other leisure venue. But for some strange reason City are making it a policy for the stewards they pay via a security company to ask City fans to open their coats and to take their hats off as a security check.

Last edited:
I find it is so inconsistent every game against Burnley when it was non stop raining at entrance C the steward for the 1st time ever wanted me to empty my pockets but on Saturday at same entrance just give me a quick scan with his wand, kids have to be asked age as they cannot check under 16's which is if you wanted to smuggle something in , then this is how you would, been to the US to watch New York City at Yankee Stadium, ice hockey at Madison Square Garden and Capital One Arena in Washington DC and more recently a NFL game in Vegas and for every one of them it was airport style with emptying pockets into a tray and walking through metal detectors and find this doesn't take as long as it does sometimes to get into Etihad

Exactly. It’s a random policy, that doesn’t work, wastes time, holds the queues up, and doesn’t make sense. Either check everyone, as you’ve explained, or stop this lottery of picking certain people out to be checked for no apparent reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.