11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

I only see positives with this lad. For a 21-year old kid he's handled the step up since joining us amazingly well and better than some of the established players like Rodri, Silva and Grealish did in their first season.

Did alright when he came on, won't have been easy coming on so early.

He does seem to be playing to instructions a lot more now, and just needs to keep working on being more devastating when he gets the space to.

Not ready for the top level yet.

Look at the control lost when Grealish went off.

Without Grealish we will hugely struggle in the big games.

This, I'm not blind, I can see why he excites people, when people do their end of season highlights Doku will have a much better reel, but I feel the raw aspects of his game give us a soft underbelly in big games.

Had a cracking shot from distance and made a few darts into the box that caused problems but also lost possession in some bad areas and left a runner behind him in the box completely unmarked because he was ball watching. It seems harsh but nobody else makes basic mistakes like this, that would have cost a goal in the ball had managed to go over the other side of the box.

Hopefully he can iron this out as we will be relying on him for some big games over the next few weeks with Jack out. At least James won't be playing at weekend.

This, I'm not blind, I can see why he excites people, when people do their end of season highlights Doku will have a much better reel, but I feel the raw aspects of his game give us a soft underbelly in big games.

Had a cracking shot from distance and made a few darts into the box that caused problems but also lost possession in some bad areas and left a runner behind him in the box completely unmarked because he was ball watching. It seems harsh but nobody else makes basic mistakes like this, that would have cost a goal in the ball had managed to go over the other side of the box.

Hopefully he can iron this out as we will be relying on him for some big games over the next few weeks with Jack out. At least James won't be playing at weekend.
Doku could develop into a fantastic player but I think Bobb is even better. It's going to be interesting to see who Pep goes with against Chelsea and the Rags.

I only see positives with this lad. For a 21-year old kid he's handled the step up since joining us amazingly well and better than some of the established players like Rodri, Silva and Grealish did in their first season.
He's also learning when to take a man on and when to keep it simple, outstanding season so far.

This is a really odd take. We undoubtedly lost momentum when Grealish got injured, he was contributing to that and was playing well but it wasn't his absence that made us lose it, or doku's introduction, that's just a mental thought process.

We lost momentum because through grealish's injury and then foden getting a whack straight after, we were stop start for 10 minutes. We were in complete control for the entire second half and grealish wasn't on the pitch, how are you explaining that?
I disagree I love Doku, but we looked more cohesive when Jack was on the pitch, that's purely down to Jack playing with the team for three seasons, he has a far better understanding of his teammates than Doku, our players seem to trust Jack with the ball more the Doku which is to be expected. No harm in mentioning that, its not a slight on Jeremy he will improve.

Grealish hasn’t played for weeks and we have done ok without him. It’s not like he has been absolutely brilliant this season.

Foden did that too to be fair (leaving a man) in the first half and got a right bollocking off Walker.

I get Doku is raw but he was ok tonight. The cross to Haaland, the shot. Worked hard. I’m not sure why he is getting criticised tonight. I actually thought he was poor on Saturday yet he was voted 2nd best player of the match.

Think he is going to be one of those players that divides people.

I disagree I love Doku, but we looked more cohesive when Jack was on the pitch, that's purely down to Jack playing with the team for three seasons, he has a far better understanding of his teammates than Doku, our players seem to trust Jack with the ball more the Doku which is to be expected. No harm in mentioning that, it’s not a slight on Jeremy he will improve.
You said this perfectly - I’ve been trying to say this, but not as successfully. And I think this stands for every new player!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.