Steve Wright DJ RIP

My point isn't that though. There are people considering lifestyle changes etc due to a celebrities death or writing with a tone that this has had a fundamental effect on them.

I totally understand people reminiscing about the part this person played in their life at a particular time or how much they enjoyed his shows, but at the end of the day, he was just a celebrity they personally didn't know or even met.

Richard Wright was a member of a band that I adore and his death at 65 was disappointing news. He was far too young and the group would never have a chance to reunite in that form again. That's it, very disappointing, but not to grieve over or get upset about. He was a musician whose music I liked, I didn't know him and never met him.
Fair enough. I agree to an extent, but from what I've seen on this thread i wouldn't say posters are necessarily saying Steve Wright's death has affected them like that.

Social media probably has something to do with the contagious method of how some people react to celeb deaths these days.

I could. I thought he was a prick and so did other BM posters

Never heard about that side of him tbh pal. But I didn't really delve into his life.

Serious jockin was a once a week 1 hour thing, on a Friday if I remember correctly.
It was done very much tongue in cheek, and plenty texted in with puns, etc. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, and he played plenty of belting tunes.
To pick this out just to slag him off is a little bit distasteful, given his career and the respect he clearly had amongst his colleagues.
I remember him as being a great presenter, not afraid to innovate, and a decent human. I struggle to think why anyone would consider him a prick, let alone a day after his passing

Serious jockin was a once a week 1 hour thing, on a Friday if I remember correctly.
It was done very much tongue in cheek, and plenty texted in with puns, etc. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, and he played plenty of belting tunes.
To pick this out just to slag him off is a little bit distasteful, given his career and the respect he clearly had amongst his colleagues.
I remember him as being a great presenter, not afraid to innovate, and a decent human. I struggle to think why anyone would consider him a prick, let alone a day after his passing
The "Serious Jockin'" (no G) was Steve taking the piss out of himself.

It was obvious that a lot of people liked it, as he wouldn’t have continued with it, if it was unpopular.

Last edited:
The "Serious Jockin'" (no G) was Steve taking the piss out of himself?

It was obvious that a lot of people liked it, as he wouldn’t have continued with it, if it was unpopular.
It was all a bit of fun, Steve got right into the parody of it, I thought it was quite funny, as he was, as you suspect, taking the piss.
He was a skilled broadcaster, carried the Kenny Everett torch for many a year while the rest of mainstream radio slowly got boring.
Mark and lard tried to keep the flame burning but eventually we have what we have now, generic presentation with no personality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.