The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We will know by the end of March if we’re still in the title race or not. If not, we’ve got April and May to secure 2nd, 3rd or 4th for a CL place, unless we win the CL.
Exactly this. Enjoy the ride. Most of these predictions and feelings are projections of whether you're an optimist or pessimist and not much else.

We will know by the end of March if we’re still in the title race or not. If not, we’ve got April and May to secure 2nd, 3rd or 4th for a CL place, unless we win the CL.

Given how we won it in 2012, we'll be in the title race in April, unless we are 9-10 pts off the top.

There are 8 league games in April and May. Given that both Liverpool and Arsenal are likely to be in Europe in April, and Liverpool in May as well, plenty of points might be dropped unexpectedly. Those who expect super human winning runs from Liverpool and Arsenal are likely wrong.

I think it will go to the wire and 85 pts will be enough to win it.

Blows my mind that I've never seen City lose a closely fought race given a) how many we have been in and b) how perilous it has looked (QPR and Villa obviously, but going a goal down against Brighton etc) before. It feels like the cosmic order owes us one, but maybe we are still indebted for what we went through in the 90s.
I’m pretty sure you can also include all the contested promotions since 1966. Don’t think we ever faltered when we were in the hunt at the business end of the season.

Each to their own. I'd rather the league with a never before been done 4 in a row. Be interesting to see how the knockers could downplay that achievement.
Win them both. The knockers would say what they have been saying for a long arse time that we are cheats and we are making the Premier League a farmers league. Let's hope thet are saying this in May.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.