City announce trial bus scheme for home games

If youre taking a couple of kids the pricing is literally prohibitive on top of expensive tickets already shelled out for.

Im really hoping this can take off though and they sort the pricing and stick more buses on!

If youre taking a couple of kids the pricing is literally prohibitive on top of expensive tickets already shelled out for.

Im really hoping this can take off though and they sort the pricing and stick more buses on!
Costs me £5 parking up obviously fuel added and a pain in the arse when trying to get home

but cheaper than paying for 2 adults and 2 kids on this bus

It's a very good idea and I applaud the club but it's not for everyone at these prices.

Costs me £5 parking up obviously fuel added and a pain in the arse when trying to get home

It's a very good idea and I applaud the club but it's not for everyone at these prices.
We pay a tenner. Driver doesnt pay so usually a fiver each for the 2 adult passengers. I always have a kid with me.

I think its a great idea and if they can improve a few aspects id deffo be interested.
Currently no routes go near where i live, so id still have to drive to a bus stop anyway

Where you parking, seems they’ve all upped them to £15, like MaryDs etc, if your cars full it’s a no brainier but for alone driver it’s getting expensive. I agree they need to drop the price especially for kids I think it will be very popular if they do this.

We drive and park at St Annes in Ancoats, always have done since moving to the Etihad, now 150 quid for the year. On our way in on Tues, we noticed bus 17 from Boothstown. It was reasonably full on the bottom on the East Lancs and then we saw it again as we were walking to the ground after parking. On the way back, we saw it picking up near Holt Town and it was already back in Boothstown when we went past the drop off so reasonably quick I would say. But 8 quid return is steep.
You need to see it as a special bus service and not compare to existing bus routes and services.

They only run for the match so the cost is more. It's a bus and Driver I use for about 5 hours for 2 out and back trips.

Does your £150 cover all games for parking or just 19 league games?

It is nice going to the match without using the car and not worrying about having a drink, having the time to do it is a factor though but in your case it appears the bus option compares with your drive time wise.

Where you parking, seems they’ve all upped them to £15, like MaryDs etc, if your cars full it’s a no brainier but for alone driver it’s getting expensive. I agree they need to drop the price especially for kids I think it will be very popular if they do this.
As if I’m going to broadcast where parking is for £5

I arrive and no fucking spaces

Nothing to stop them getting on nothing stopping you throwing them off ( Barton Bridge)
The reason I asked when I was a teenager back in the 80's I always used the match day buses even though trouble was almost guaranteed at every match I don't recall any trouble on the buses. CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.