17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

He has no right to be pissed off to a point he shows disrespect to Pep in view of everyone.

wasn’t Alvarez’s fault that Kevin looked like he couldn’t get back to defend. Kevin deserved to be hooked as he looked like he was running in sinking sand. And as a club legend and experienced pro should not of reacted in the way he did.
Spot on.

Looking too tired today, not fantasy in his game, not the KdB we knew.... And his behaviour when he ve been replaced, totally unacceptable....I hope he's not on the way to Saudi Arabia....

He's on his last legs and recovery gets harder at his age. He appears to be prone to weight gain - He looked 'lean and mean' on his return from injury, now, just a few short weeks later, he looks bulky. Age is catching up.
He won't go to Saudi. He's a family man and wouldn't subject his wife and kids to the shit that goes on over there.
I reckon he'll try to do one more season after this with us and maybe consider retiring to the yank league.

He looked 'lean and mean' on his return from injury, now, just a few short weeks later, he looks bulky.
I agree with this. I even mentioned upon his return how slim he looked.

I remember seeing him walk back even in the first half yesterday when Liverpool was countering, and he was extremely close to the ball.

He was frustrated and as a senior player he saw what we saw and pep was slow to change , taking off jules and moving players around and leaving kev on was the best option inho . I want them to be passionate and so does pep
This. KdB should’ve stayed upfront with Erling.

I agree with this. I even mentioned upon his return how slim he looked.

I remember seeing him walk back even in the first half yesterday when Liverpool was countering, and he was extremely close to the ball.
We said the same on the way home yesterday. You can always tell when he's not 100% comfortable as he runs from his groins rather than his thighs.

The bulk will have something to do with the amount he can train now. When you have a game every 3 days, the intensity of the training will be low in comparison to the work he could do when he was building fitness. Must be tough coming back and reacting to different eating times too depending when games are played. Especially when he'll have got out of that routine for 6 months

We’ve quickly reverted to overplaying Kev. It‘s rare that I question the judgement of club staff but I’ve been doing this for two or three years when it comes to managing KdB‘s playing time. Same goes for Belgium.

Nobody wants to see him carted off to the glue factory before his time.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.