Yard act
Black pumas
Orbital
Jamie xx
Bonobo
Faithless
Breeders
New dad

All worth a watch.... Few others not mentioned are good but wont tickle everyone's fancy....

Lcd ss - would watch
Idles - would watch
Pj harvey - would watch
Bombay b c
Streets
Jungle
Cyndie l
Micheal kiw
Justice
Fontaines - would watch
Gossip
Yard act - would watch
Black pumas
Orbital
Jamie xx
Bonobo
Faithless
Breeders - would watch
New dad

All worth a watch.... Few others not mentioned are good but wont tickle everyone's fancy....
Haven't heard of most of the others.

Glastonbury is just a place for the isntagram lot to be seen these days. Worst thing to happen to it was the non stop coverage on the BBC, ended up with a festival full of the kinds of people who would watch non stop festival highlights on the their settee

From what I've read over the years, Glastonbury is getting very corporate nowadays. And is also seen as a place to be seen at, as much as a music festival. And come the sunday night, check out all the camera phones filming the stage.
Bring back the crustys and travellers, the disenfranchised and rebellious.

Better for a bunch of FOCs, maybe.

Prodigy, Pet Shop Boys, Green Day.
The Streets, Keane, Simple Minds
Crowded House, Blossoms, McFly
The Darkness, Natalie Imbruglia, Beverley Knight
The Pretenders, Suede, Johnny Marr, Feeder, Scouting For Girls.

It sounds like a great lineup for the early 2000s, I'll give them that. But be honest, when was the last time you listened to any new music from any of those?

For me, I reckon it was Invaders Must Die by the Prodigy, which seems like it came out a few years ago, but was actually 15 years ago now.
I have listened to Pet Shop Boys and Johnny Marrs new stuff.
It's the festival itself which is crap. It's a nightmare getting there, it always pisses down and the price of everything is extortionate.
The fact you can drink your own beer at Glastonbury is a life saver.
When are resale? I’ve always wanted to go just for the experience
It will be some time next month mate.

I have heard of the streets.
I first heard of LCD soundsystem on here. Billy Shears used to talk about them.

LCD were the absolute darlings of music industry insiders 15-20 years ago so absolutely no surprise that @BillyShears loved them.

I prefer the pre hiatus stuff but some of the new stuff is great - weirdly just done a single with Idles as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.