Players who might improve us

Spaniard Sergio Arribas, 22yr old at UD Almeria. Shows all the qualities that Pep likes for this City team. Has brilliant control of the ball, a goal and assist threat. Can use both feet, can play across the front line or deeper in midfield.
€40m buyout clause. A player on the rise. Think he would be great on our right side?

Linked with Bayer Leverkusen, Sevilla, Real Madrid return after being in their Castilla team.

VIDEO REMOVED due to copyright.

Last edited:

He will be 33 by then, he has been suffering from some injuries. If we could bring in Wirtz, Musiala as replacements using this money? With additions of Neves and Paqueta as well (assuming Bernardo leaves)? I would consider it.

I’d rather keep Kev

So would I but from a business point of view if Makes sense but tbh I can’t see us letting him go and I doubt he would want to .
If he wants to go we will obviously let him, that’s always the way. He wouldn’t want to go the same way as Palmer for instance but could see us working out a deal if he wanted to go, just don’t want the Saudis to know so they don’t low ball us. Feel like there is more compromise with Bernado.

Personally I don’t think he’ll go, just doesn’t feel like a Kev thing to do. All reports say he’s incredibly happy and settled in Manchester.

Money might be attractive to both parties, but the de Bruyne family have three children under the age of 8, I believe, so uprooting them for Saudi Arabia would not be without difficulty. I reckon he’ll see out the final year of his contract, but we may yet see his role in the side reinvented.

Money might be attractive to both parties, but the de Bruyne family have three children under the age of 8, I believe, so uprooting them for Saudi Arabia would not be without difficulty. I reckon he’ll see out the final year of his contract, but we may yet see his role in the side reinvented.
Reinvented how ?

Reinvented how ?
He doesn’t have the legs to play too far up front on a consistent basis, and when you couple that with Haaland’s pressing style, it then puts too much onus on Foden. If de Bruyne wants to prolong his career in the top flight, he may have to drop deeper and play as first substitute for Rodri, when ahead, or even alongside him in some games. His vision is such that he should be able to set the runners away from deep.

He doesn’t have the legs to play too far up front on a consistent basis, and when you couple that with Haaland’s pressing style, it then puts too much onus on Foden. If de Bruyne wants to prolong his career in the top flight, he may have to drop deeper and play as first substitute for Rodri, when ahead, or even alongside him in some games. His vision is such that he should be able to set the runners away from deep.
Surely playing further back means doing more work not less having to help the defense out as well as run further forward in the middle is where the action is and where the game is won and lost

Surely playing further back means doing more work not less having to help the defense out as well as run further forward
Pep literally said recently he doesn’t see him playing deeper. I think he stays further forward or he drifts out wide but only with an overlapping full back like walker. So he plays off centre

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.