Florian Wirtz

or maybe KdB dictating play from deep with Rodri. he could do that
Although I agree do you remember Peps comments about him playing further back maybe 2 weeks ago? I think we will be doing a lot of work to reshuffle the squad before we buy. But we want essentially positionless players so maybe it doesn’t matter at all.

df5bd124ce9b5a4366a88bd9a510602c.jpg

OK, you can say "It was only Freiburg", but they were decent & you can only beat what's in front of you. Wirtz was head & shoulders the best player on the pitch, & he's seriously the real deal.

His opening goal was sublime, & he was a constant source of creativity & proved a major threat every time he was in advanced areas.

I can't believe he's producing displays like this at such a young age, & he'll only get better. He's already at Foden's level imo, & it's obvious there's gonna be a stampede for his signature.

He's more a David Silva than KDB, but before KDB there was Merlin. We must do everything we can to land Wirtz & Paqueta this summer.

As for Leverkusen, they setup up a carbon copy of City. I was fuckin uncanny. We've got the better players, but Alonso has Leverkusen playing Pep-Ball with aplomb. Whoever gets him next will have one helluva manager on their hands.

In terms of Frimpong, he was very good in parts & very average in others. He was great going forward, but it was difficult to judge his defending because he & Grimaldo were essentially playing as wingers, with midfielders dropping into the fullback positions to cover them.

Grimaldo reminds me of Sergio Gomez. If fans rate him so highly, I'd rather give Gomez a proper run in the team & see what he's properly made of.

It's weird how Pep doesn't play Gomez, but doesn't want him gone either. Is Baldy grooming him for bigger & better things?

View attachment 110715

OK, you can say "It was only Freiburg", but they were decent & you can only beat what's in front of you. Wirtz was head & shoulders the best player on the pitch, & he's seriously the real deal.

His opening goal was sublime, & he was a constant source of creativity & proved a major threat every time he was in advanced areas.

I can't believe he's producing displays like this at such a young age, & he'll only get better. He's already at Foden's level imo, & it's obvious there's gonna be a stampede for his signature.

He's more a David Silva than KDB, but before KDB there was Merlin. We must do everything we can to land Wirtz & Paqueta this summer.

As for Leverkusen, they setup up a carbon copy of City. I was fuckin uncanny. We've got the better players, but Alonso has Leverkusen playing Pep-Ball with aplomb. Whoever gets him next will have one helluva manager on their hands.

In terms of Frimpong, he was very good in parts & very average in others. He was great going forward, but it was difficult to judge his defending because he & Grimaldo were essentially playing as wingers, with midfielders dropping into the fullback positions to cover them.

Grimaldo reminds me of Sergio Gomez. If fans rate him so highly, I'd rather give Gomez a proper run in the team & see what he's properly made of.

It's weird how Pep doesn't play Gomez, but doesn't want him gone either. Is Baldy grooming him for bigger & better things?
Sold, should we have a whip round?

My only concern is Foden, is it possible to accommodate both. If he is half as good as Dave then we need him now. Team is crying out for a player who can play through the lines and in tight spaces.

Sold, should we have a whip round?

My only concern is Foden, is it possible to accommodate both. If he is half as good as Dave then we need him now. Team is crying out for a player who can play through the lines and in tight spaces.
He's unbelievably good for his age. He's the best player for the German league leaders, & he's coming back from a serious injury that kept him out for 10 months.

I always saw him as the KDB replacement, but he looks closer to a goal scoring David Silva to me, albeit I reckon Wirtz could play a KDB-ish role if required.

His playing & skill levels are way above typical in his age group. As for playing with Foden, a definite yes, as they can both get around the pitch & defend from the front when necessary.

The key to our midfield is finding a player who can challenge & cover Rodri. With Wirtz & Paqueta added to our squad in the summer & a world class CDM, we'd be back to our best, assuming KDB & Bernardo remain.

I always saw him as the KDB replacement, but he looks closer to a goal scoring David Silva to me, albeit I reckon Wirtz could play a KDB-ish role if required.
KDB for me is irreplaceable. I know what you mean by playing his role but he won't do it the same which isn't a bad thing. One thing we've done incredibly well is replacing legends with great players and hopefully moulding them into legends themselves. We didn't replace Yaya or Aguero with players like them we changed how we played and adapted.

Could Wirtz play for City, of course he's a incredible talent. Could he make midfield his own, of course again. Just don't expect him to play like KDB or us to play like we have KDB in the team. This is another way that Pep is a genius in my opinion and always ahead of the pack.

The tricky part for me is I think Kev still has some years left in him even eventually as a squad player. We also have Foden who should play down the middle. We do often target posistionless players so a Paqueta, Wirtz or even Musiala would be expected to play centrally and out wide like Bernado and Foden already do.

With Wirtz & Paqueta added to our squad in the summer & a world class CDM, we'd be back to our best, assuming KDB & Bernardo remain.
I like Paqueta a lot, but if we can pull this 3 singings off, I would be over the moon. This sets us up for a long time and gets us back to the top of peppering teams

I like Paqueta a lot, but if we can pull this 3 singings off, I would be over the moon. This sets us up for a long time and gets us back to the top of peppering teams

Cant see it being all three without Kev & Silva leaving.

most likely it will be Wirtz, Kimmich, Paqueta and maybe Neves
Kimmich/Neves (both if we intend to play Kimmich at RB) + Paqueta + a RW (do we give Savio a chance right away since Neto seems to have injury problems?) + RB for me (if we don't play Kimmich there). Obviously, I would love to get the likes of Wirtz in, but it might be impossible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.