Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

1 shot on target at home against any opponent, especially one that just parks the bus all game, when chasing a win in the title race is nothing but awful. Zero wins in 6 games this season against the top5 says it all about our performances this season. No surprise we lack quality in attack when we replace quality players like Mahrez, Gundogan & Palmer with Championship level players like Doku, Nunes & Bobb (who I like and think could be something one day). We have more or less not had one single really impressive performance all season. Thank god the other teams are not much better so we somehow can still be in a title race. Massive summer window needed to fix the huge issues our dreadful one last summer has caused.

Last year we played them off the park and this year we just about manage a draw. I’m really hoping the we can kick on from this now and win the remaining games.

Strange one that. It was a game both really needed to win but both (especially Arsenal) played not to lose. Surprised Arsenal didn't go for it a bit more against our weakened defence. We were a bit more adventurous but didn't really do enough to win. I thought taking Foden off was a strange choice under the circumstances.

Shame about Ake.

Still it's a point and hopefully the dippers slip up at some stage. Probably need them to slip up twice though which seems unlikely. Perhaps best to focus more on FA cup and CL whilst still not completely giving up on the league.

If you don't beat your title rivals you don't win the league.

That's failure against both Liverpool and Arsenal, teams we'd have blown away last year.

Pep can say the hunger is still there but it doesn't look like it at the moment. Very stale and boring football. There's a bit of lethargy in the club and fans at the moment.

Haven't been convinced we'd win the league all season but this is City so we hold hope knowing what we can do in the run in.

Gvardiol was absolutely superb, a modern fullback with technique to back it up. Really enjoyed his football today and that shows glimpses of what he's going to be like for us in future.

Thought Arsenal's tactics were strange, you'd think they'd go for it too knowing that anything but a win for either team gives Liverpool the ascendancy.

Onto the next game, hopefully Haaland from last season comes back soon.
I don’t think that’s fair. The hunger is there. We just don’t have last seasons performances it in the tank.

We were there for the taking today and Arsenal could not lay a hand on us and they parked the bus and defended for a point, City has hit the wall and injuries and loss of form to key players is hurting us.
But we dust ourselves down and go again in midweek and still plenty of games to play and you just never know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.