Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

He does not have the tools to work with, we have lost a lot of quality and replaced them with lesser players for me

But we still had De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Foden, Haaland, Grealish, Doku etc on the field at times?

I'm being generous! He's always likely to miss some passes, I think it's his fitness that's affecting his ability to kick. Not ruling him out though.
Father time has got him, sadly, time to say goodbye for me, we have not been ruthless enough recently in the market, that has to change this summer

Arsenal parked the bus and I'm okay with that (although I'd be disappointed if I was a neutral or Arsenal fan) - it's our job to break them down and we didn't. I'm more annoyed by the endless fouls that were facilitated by a very poor refereeing performance.

Ortega doesn't have Ederson's distribution - who does? - but he is a very very solid 2nd keeper. I hope we can keep hold of him.

Hopefully the Ake injury isn't too bad as our defence is looking a little threadbare right now. It was nice to see Lewis on the pitch despite the circumstances and I think he did pretty well, although I worry he's still too slight to stand up against some of these rougher challenges. Gvardiol had one of his best matches in a City shirt, but we need him to work on his crossing if we're going to be deploying him so far forward.

We have a balance problem in midfield that we need to fix. It's always either recklessly attacking or a bit stodgy. Neither Foden nor KDB had a great game but I'll put that down to fatigue from internationals and coming back from injury respectively.

Nice to see Grealish get on the pitch. Not back at his best yet but he's a welcome out-ball and the minutes will have done him good.

Haaland had little service but was wasteful with what he did get. I really think we need to start using Alvarez as genuine competition for the starting striker position - there are matches that will suit one of them more than the other.

That's probably the league gone now but we have to keep trying to win games in the hopes the others slip up.

Last year we played them off the park and this year we just about manage a draw. I’m really hoping the we can kick on from this now and win the remaining games.
I thought we outplayed them rather handily over 180 minutes . . . and got one point. Other than Villa and the 2H vs Liverpool at theirs, I don’t think we’ve really looked outclassed. It’s not putting away matches against Chelsea, Palace and Spurs that’s done us in IMO.

Arsenal came for a draw and got it, for all on here saying we haven’t beaten a top 4 side this season, well Liverpool have only beaten one side - Aston Villa and Arsenal have only beaten one side - Liverpool, last season’s efforts have taken its toll, I’d be over the moon if we win the European Cup again.

Two teams supposedly challenging for the title. What a load of shite.

This season was an uphill battle from the first game.

Dire transfer window in the summer.

Swap Gundo for Kova and Mahrez for Silva and we win that game.

Our performances and build up play has been the worst since Peps second season with us. Too predictable, too slow and too lacklustre.
Let's just see how we peak. Gvardiol is the take away from this. Add in Stones and Walker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.