TV Series

3 body problem

Hugely reduced the complexity of the characters in favour of Western good Vs evil. Also reset much of the setting to the UK, for some reason, but I guess to make it more palatable for Western audiences. Hugely complex book trilogy that was always going to be very difficult to serialise. Average.

I understand your disappointment, but the attempt has to be commended to bring an interesting story to the screen at all.

The problem raised is how much detail/ complexity do you bring to the screen without losing the audience? If you do choose that lane, are you going to be happy with a [potentially] massive reduction in eyes for an expensive project?

I thought the trade offs were fine in order to simplify an interesting story.

The doco on the real life serpent , i think he took part thinking he could control it but he got absolutely battered by the british police involved , really worth a watch , wont give away their findings
He definitely thought he was the cleverest guy in the room. And is proved wrong. Very good documentary

3 body problem

Hugely reduced the complexity of the characters in favour of Western good Vs evil. Also reset much of the setting to the UK, for some reason, but I guess to make it more palatable for Western audiences. Hugely complex book trilogy that was always going to be very difficult to serialise. Average.

Ha, there’s always one who wants everyone to know they read the books first and the tv show doesn’t come close…

I feel your pain.
I read the adventures of Clifford the big red dog, once.
A phenomenal read I thoroughly recommend. They turned that into a movie and I was furious they didn’t stay true to the book.
Absolute sacrilege. Dam you Jack Whitehall.

Been watching a series called This is gonna hurt... about a junior Doctor in a NHS hospital.
Just find it piss funny.

I understand your disappointment, but the attempt has to be commended to bring an interesting story to the screen at all.

The problem raised is how much detail/ complexity do you bring to the screen without losing the audience? If you do choose that lane, are you going to be happy with a [potentially] massive reduction in eyes for an expensive project?

I thought the trade offs were fine in order to simplify an interesting story.
Fair point, TV needs to make a product that is viable for TV, at the end of the day. I would have kept it set in China myself.

Ha, there’s always one who wants everyone to know they read the books first and the tv show doesn’t come close…

I feel your pain.
I read the adventures of Clifford the big red dog, once.
A phenomenal read I thoroughly recommend. They turned that into a movie and I was furious they didn’t stay true to the book.
Absolute sacrilege. Dam you Jack Whitehall.
I can't believe what they did to Clifford, the absolute bastards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.