Is Rodri better than Yaya ?

They're very different. It depends what aspect of the game we're talking.

Daft thread. Different positions, different circumstances. Both excellent players whose performances have lifted City to the next level.
Every single thing seems to be an either or these days. Twitter is full of it. Saka or Foden, Haaland or prime Agüero, which of these wingers is overrated, Salah or Suarez.

It bored the life out of me on Twitter because it’s merely a popularity contest.

Like you say, Yaya and Rodri are different players. If we had Fernandinho in the team, I’d rather have Yaya. If we don’t have Fernandinho, I’d take Rodri.

Daft thread. Different positions, different circumstances. Both excellent players whose performances have lifted City to the next level.

Both great players but Rodri pips it because of his attitude, as you say different positions and abilities.

This was the first thought when I saw the thread. If we had Rodri 'n Yaya in the team, Yaya would be able to play much further forward. I think Rodri would not produce the same as Yaya if the positions were reversed and Rodders had to forage fifteen or twenty yards further up field. Rodri in his current World No1 Pos and then Yaya playing the Gundog role.
But the question wasn't about them playing in the same side, it's whose the BETTER player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.