Running thread

Ran about 12k Saturday morning (sandwiched the 5k park run in between).
Then a bit of 5k walk, and the same yesterday and an evening pilates session.

Was planning a long run today but I'm just 100% not in the mood.
Legs feel a bit sore/tired so I'm going to lay off.

Does anybody else have this? Scheduled in a run but just feels like an awful idea?
I may try a 6k later but I'll see. Sometime feel the rest is better than trying to defeat your guilt for not running.

The last two winters have brought on injuries to my left hip. I'm not sure if it's arthritis or joint wear and tear. It eases up in Spring, so I try and build up fitness again, ready for an active summer.

I have had a calf strain too, so am trying to manage this. So a nice 5km run this evening might not be one of the most challenging runs on this thread, but it was exhilarating and totally enjoyable for me.

Had my knee surgery two weeks ago, just some cartilage repair (previous meniscus repair and ACL reconstruction on same knee) and went back to see the surgeon this week. He told me that my knee is showing significant arthritis and therefore I will always have some pain, but the cartilage is ok for now. Much more damage though and he is suggesting a full knee replacement will be on the cards.

Also told me not to run for at least another 2 months.... not sure I will strictly follow that advice though!

Had my knee surgery two weeks ago, just some cartilage repair (previous meniscus repair and ACL reconstruction on same knee) and went back to see the surgeon this week. He told me that my knee is showing significant arthritis and therefore I will always have some pain, but the cartilage is ok for now. Much more damage though and he is suggesting a full knee replacement will be on the cards.

Also told me not to run for at least another 2 months.... not sure I will strictly follow that advice though!
Best wishes with your injuries. I only started running about six years ago, but I really miss it when I'm injured.

Can you cycle/swim instead? Both pretty good ways to keep up your running fitness without battering your knee?

2 hours 26 mins 41 seconds. New PB by almost 2 mins. I was supposed to run behind 2.30 pacer then gently overtake him. Started right at back of wave, took 6 miles to catch him, ran with him from about mile 6-10 them gently worked my way in front and actually a sprint finish. Thanks to everyone on this this thread for their help support and advice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.