9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

You’re entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.
My opinion isn’t based at all on the media: it’s based on what I see. I don’t let the media dictate my opinions.

I also said since the back end of last season - not that he has *never* scored a big goal.

Do I rate Haaland - he’s obviously brilliant.
Is his goal scoring record brilliant - it quite clearly is.
Would I have expected him to show up a bit more in big games: CL final, FA Cup Final, Real Madrid (3 games), Liverpool twice this season, Arsenal twice this season, Liverpool away last season - the answer is yes. If you didn’t expect anything from him in those games then so be it. I’ve limited it to very big games.

My view doesn’t warrant some melodramatic “Unbelievable some of you” - chill out.
Are you mental?
He massively helped us dominate Real Madrid away from home by occupying at least 3 defenders which gave our midfielders and defenders space to breath and control the game. If you think he should be scoring hatricks against them then you clearly know fuck all about football as its bleeding Real Madrid mate, Real Madrid not scunthorpe united

I do understand you tit. You're saying he should score more ffs.
No I’m not. He could score 7 against Luton but that wouldn’t be my point at all. You aren’t all that bright are you?

My point is around the big games and his return in these. His goal return in general is undeniable. Do you think he will look at his return in big games and be please - spoiler alert, he won’t.

Are you mental?
He massively helped us dominate Real Madrid away from home by occupying at least 3 defenders which gave our midfielders and defenders space to breath and control the game. If you think he should be scoring hatricks against them then you clearly know fuck all about football as its bleeding Real Madrid mate, Real Madrid not scunthorpe united
Yes, I said he needs to score a hat trick. That’s exactly what I said. Well argued.

I know exactly who Real Madrid are. Thanks for clarifying though.

Yes, I said he needs to score a hat trick. That’s exactly what I said. Well argued.

I know exactly who Real Madrid are. Thanks for clarifying though.
Correct, it's exactly what you said literally in the post above this one. Quote "My point is around his return in big games" just in case you've forgotten what you wrote.

I support City not Haaland FC mate, when a player is not performing to standard, I'll voice it out.
Nice try in adding the "and City in general" there to make it seem like I have an agenda against City.
No player is beyond criticism has been my point from the start, some of you here are more "player fanboys" than supporters of the club.
...and yet all your posts are just slagging off Erling!!

Is that you Trent?!

I know the lad is off form and could do better (I still think he's injured but if not, it looks like something's been off with him), but the amount of criticism he gets is frankly ridiculous and totally over the top!

Like it or not, Erling is the most dangerous striker on the planet, but teams this season are being overly aggressive with him and allowed to get away with it.
We know he's not going to get many games like the Luton game. That showed exactly what happens if you give him any time and space, he's lethal, but most teams don't play like that against him, are they going give him that space, no, they're getting to get the CH's to stick on him like glue. The amount off legal and illegal attention he receives in most games is unlike any other player gets, see the dippers, arse and RM.

He's got better lately and i expect him to continue learning and getting fitter so he can have a big say this season and certainly come back firing next season.

You’re entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.
My opinion isn’t based at all on the media: it’s based on what I see. I don’t let the media dictate my opinions.

I also said since the back end of last season - not that he has *never* scored a big goal.

Do I rate Haaland - he’s obviously brilliant.
Is his goal scoring record brilliant - it quite clearly is.
Would I have expected him to show up a bit more in big games: CL final, FA Cup Final, Real Madrid (3 games), Liverpool twice this season, Arsenal twice this season, Liverpool away last season - the answer is yes. If you didn’t expect anything from him in those games then so be it. I’ve limited it to very big games.

My view doesn’t warrant some melodramatic “Unbelievable some of you” - chill out.

This is the second person I've seen say Haaland hasn't scored against Liverpool this season, very odd.

Correct, it's exactly what you said literally in the post above this one. Quote "My point is around his return in big games" just in case you've forgotten what you wrote.
Thanks for confirming that I didn’t say I wanted him to score a hat trick. Well done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.