9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Exactly

That above is basically the crux of the problem. Haaland has done what you have stated and it plays out with no one playing the pass and going sideways or backwards and a frustrated haaland up front

This summer I am hoping we get the players in especially those that will look to play that forward pass quicker to him. I am not saying we need to play that way every time we go forward, we can still control possession and build up play, but when the opportunity presents itself we need player(s) who will take that pass on to him.

Thus will then also keep the opposition on their toes. There is nothing we can do about the other teams playing that low block. But we do get loads of opportunities to break but we then decide to hold the play up and that allows a low block to get back in situ.

I think Paqueta will be one of those signings, a few more will be needed to refresh our 1st team
You are one of the only sane ones on this thread, lol. I'm not sure why it's so difficult for people to see what the problem is. Like you said, we just need another dimension to our play sometimes, not a complete new way of playing. People think Haaland is the problem, but to lean on an old city phrase, if you don't feed the GOAT, he can't score

The only thing he could have done better the other day in my opinion was his hold-up play.

Other than that, nobody did anything of note creatively to get him through on goal.

Haaland is never going to be an Mbappe or R9 who runs through players and scores. He is an old school box player, and a lethal one at that.

Pep did right keeping him on and not replacing him with Alvarez because I think had that happened, the entire Madrid back 4 would have pushed up and squeezed the pitch and we would have been under the cosh.

Wrong, they only put 1 man on Haaland, Rudiger
Hmmmm, you seem to have some vendetta here, what REALLY is your issue with Erling and City in general? Looking back on your limited previous posts, all you seem to do is lay into players, it's like you're not even a city fan

Exactly

That above is basically the crux of the problem. Haaland has done what you have stated and it plays out with no one playing the pass and going sideways or backwards and a frustrated haaland up front

This summer I am hoping we get the players in especially those that will look to play that forward pass quicker to him. I am not saying we need to play that way every time we go forward, we can still control possession and build up play, but when the opportunity presents itself we need player(s) who will take that pass on to him.

Thus will then also keep the opposition on their toes. There is nothing we can do about the other teams playing that low block. But we do get loads of opportunities to break but we then decide to hold the play up and that allows a low block to get back in situ.

I think Paqueta will be one of those signings, a few more will be needed to refresh our 1st team
I agree. The only players that even attempt that pass are Ortega/Eddie and Kevin. For all his brilliance it’s not in Phil’s locker yet.
From what I have seen of Paqueta he should be capable.

Hmmmm, you seem to have some vendetta here, what REALLY is your issue with Erling and City in general? Looking back on your limited previous posts, all you seem to do is lay into players, it's like you're not even a city fan
I support City not Haaland FC mate, when a player is not performing to standard, I'll voice it out.
Nice try in adding the "and City in general" there to make it seem like I have an agenda against City.
No player is beyond criticism has been my point from the start, some of you here are more "player fanboys" than supporters of the club.

I support City not Haaland FC mate, when a player is not performing to standard, I'll voice it out.
Nice try in adding the "and City in general" there to make it seem like I have an agenda against City.
No player is beyond criticism has been my point from the start, some of you here are more "player fanboys" than supporters of the club.
Not quite right, I'm not a player fan boy, but I appreciate that players need support from the wider team and management to flourish, I don't believe Haaland is getting that currently. We need to adapt to his strengths in certain phases of play, you just seem intent on being blinkered on him in terms of blame. The "in general" comment was in reference to your historic general moaning in threads, surely as a blue you must be happy with something or someone considering our success as a team

Not quite right, I'm not a player fan boy, but I appreciate that players need support from the wider team and management to flourish, I don't believe Haaland is getting that currently. We need to adapt to his strengths in certain phases of play, you just seem intent on being blinkered on him in terms of blame. The "in general" comment was in reference to your historic general moaning in threads, surely as a blue you must be happy with something or someone considering our success as a team
Mate, I'm extremely proud of the boys, I didn't even expect us to be where we are this season following our success last season.
I just don't like the biasness when it comes to defending players.
When Alvarez, Doku or Kova or others drop stinkers, most blues berate them and I don't see this level of support or defense that Haaland gets when he drops stinkers.
We can't on one hand say, "as blues we should behind all our players and support them, regardless of form", but then get to pick which players we can criticize and which are beyond criticism.

It's either we can criticize players (and I mean every player including the manager) or we can't criticize any at all, you can't have it both ways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.