9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

False. He is static on both goals and have zero impact on both. But let's do a detailed analysis of both.

Phil's goal: The positioning of both CBs is the normal one with or without a 9. Rudiger is close to Haaland who is not moving. Phil receives the ball, Tchouameni (who is not marking Haaland at all) immediately runs towards Phil. As soon as Tchouameni presses, Rudiger closes the angle (and again both CBs are i a natural position). When Rudiger does that, Carvajal moves to mark Haaland. Carvajal was very far from Phil, having zero impact on Phil's angle. Conclusion: Haaland had zero impact on that goal.

Gvardiol's goal: This one is laughable. Madrid has like 9 players in the box (low block defending, very natural positioning), Haaland is on the other side of the box being marked by only one player, Gvardiol gets the ball from Jack, Kroos was a little slow to close him (and Kroos was like 15m away from where Haaland was).

To be fair, let's give an example of having an impact on a possible goal: Bernardo's shot in the 2nd half that goes straight to Lunin. In that action there is 3v2, Haaland runs to the space, Rudiger follows him (to be fair any CB would do that against any striker because if not you leave the striker in a 1v1), this opens the angle to Bernardo who then decides to shoot.
And why do you think they were playing a low block with 9 players back? it's becuse we have the best striker in the world. So your arguments fall apart at the first hurdle

Solid response mate. You claimed I said I wanted him to score a hat trick every game. Doubled down on that. I said nothing of the sort.
So when you can’t prove this, you resort to “what a plonker”. Intelligent response.
Read between the lines thicko

This whole debate is just fucking boring and our own ‘fans’ don’t help. It’s not enough for a striker to score goals apparently. 97 G/A in 90 games for us but he’s shit cause he can’t drop off and ping passes like KDB or skin people like Foden. Bore off with that shit.

Haalands over all play hasnt been great but that is not what he was bought for...no team will ever buy him for that...he is a goal scorer and in that he is one of the best in the business

Those expecting him to be a tevez or even alvarez and be involved in build up play are going to wait a very long time...he does do it but it is lmiited....Pep wants him near to the goal where he is a threat

He isnt a Aguero where he can score from any angle.....he will get goals that aguero wouldnt get at times due to his height and ahtleticism (vs Dortmund last year for instance) but he doesnt score that goal that Kun did vs the scousers for instance at the near post....he isnt physically capable of that due to his size....

The team has to adapt to Haaland...we have heard Pep say this in that when he say "we have to find Earling more"

The bigger worrying factor for me is the above...unless KDB is around no one else seems able (or at least willing to take the chance to) find haaland regularly....He makes so many runs and the likes of Bernardo, Foden, Kovacic, Grealish dont put the ball into the box or in behind....All these players have the ability but they just dont seem to do it..they more focus on the short intricate passes or sometimes safer pass

He's had fucking injury issues this season and it's not just Haaland that's struggled in those big games the entire team has.

He's still the Premier league top goal scorer 2nd highest Champions League goal scorer so not bad for somebody under performing and playing with pain.

Haaland is also heavily marked in the bigger games look at Gabriel & Saliba. Rudiger & Tchouameni were literally stuck to him the other night ffs

It's his 2nd season he's 22 give him a break ffs.
I think what was more disappointing in the Arsenal home game, was that whilst Haaland was being so heavily marked by their two central defenders we didn't really make the most of the extra space provided because of this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.