9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

How exactly does this own goal thing work? One of the goals from Palmers "hattrick" against the rags clearly struck someone before going in and it was given to him, Doku had the same thing against Bournemouth and it wasn't given to him and today the first goal wasn't given to Haaland. It's like the rules keep changing
Palmers shot was going on target, Haalands shot had potential to go out for a throw in.

Why all the fuss about his performance today? He was bang average, created a fluke goal by shooting 15 yards wide and smacking a bloke in the face, linked up well a couple of times, and stuck home a penalty.

Stat padded, subbed off, wrapped in cotton wool for Wednesday.
Be careful. You'll be called this, that, and the other for saying as much despite what you said obviously being the truth.

No I’m not. He could score 7 against Luton but that wouldn’t be my point at all. You aren’t all that bright are you?

My point is around the big games and his return in these. His goal return in general is undeniable. Do you think he will look at his return in big games and be please - spoiler alert, he won’t.
How much would you expect to get for him if he was transferred? If you’re answer is more than £100m, and it absolutely should be, then why would a huge club (and believe me, if he ever leaves it will only be to a huge club) spend >£100m on a player who doesn’t perform in big games?
Or do you think he is overrated in which case what would you expect to get for him? £20m?, £30m?
I’m not sure if this applies to you personally, I don’t follow individual posters post history, but there are a sizeable minority of online “City fans” who have never, and will never, forgive(n) the club for signing the best striker in the world. Its like they have to claim back all their ‘cool kid, I see things about this game that mere mortals miss’ points in order to make themselves feel better.

Accept the fact that City signed the best striker in the world for peanuts, and last year he helped us win a treble and has us within a shout of repeating it this year, and you’ll be a lot happier.

Palmers shot was not going on target.
Edit: Ok it was but it was straight at the keeper. Doku's effort against Bournemouth was also on target before the deflection
Wasn't Dokus shot about 20 yards out? Maybe it was a bit too far for them to determine if it was going on/off target but I don't know the exact rules

Whether Palmers shot was going at the keeper if irrelevant, if he hadn't have saved it then it would have gone into the net.

He did well today.
Should've scored in the first minute, but it seemed the ball got caught under his foot.

I thought he was involved and engaged in the game.

He scored a nice penalty and should've had another one in the first half when the defender was pulling his shirt.

We should be asking the PL, pgmol and UEFA what the rules are, because it happens in every game!

Why all the fuss about his performance today? He was bang average, created a fluke goal by shooting 15 yards wide and smacking a bloke in the face, linked up well a couple of times, and stuck home a penalty.

Stat padded, subbed off, wrapped in cotton wool for Wednesday.
It was a nothing performance so I'm surprised anyone thought otherwise.

Still waiting for his season to really get going despite the goals. Let's just hope he gets an important goal on Wednesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.