City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Rather watch it at home and see the whole game than miss large chunks of it. Can maybe understand those leaving in stoppage time, but if you're leaving in the 76th minute you aren't that invested in what's going on on the pitch. You can't be.

As somebody else said it is other people's business when you're constantly up and down having to let people out. Our supporters get enough ribbing without being tarnished with the same brush too.
Agreed, but people are different and they’ll do what they do. I do wonder if some of it is just habit based, rather than any other reason.

We’re time poor as a society and it’s only getting worse.

I wonder if anyone has done an experiment of staying 10 mins after the game and whether that makes it a quieter and less packed exit and how much time you actually save by going on 89 mins.

I also wonder what the new covered fan zone will do. It might mean some fans stay behind for a drink to let the traffic/public transport clear.

Agreed, but people are different and they’ll do what they do. I do wonder if some of it is just habit based, rather than any other reason.

We’re time poor as a society and it’s only getting worse.

I wonder if anyone has done an experiment of staying 10 mins after the game and whether that makes it a quieter and less packed exit and how much time you actually save by going on 89 mins.

I also wonder what the new covered fan zone will do. It might mean some fans stay behind for a drink to let the traffic/public transport clear.
I usually wait until the extra time board is up if it says 3 minutes I leave after about 1 1/2 I want to be just hitting the concourse when the final whistle goes
That’s my choice and I will continue to do that
However what’s worse leaving like I do ? or the piss pots ? and smokers ? and greedy fuckers ? who are never in their seats the majority of the game
Their behaviour is also none of my business

I usually wait until the extra time board is up if it says 3 minutes I leave after about 1 1/2 I want to be just hitting the concourse when the final whistle goes
That’s my choice and I will continue to do that
However what’s worse leaving like I do ? or the piss pots ? and smokers ? and greedy fuckers ? who are never in their seats the majority of the game
Their behaviour is also none of my business
Sorry if I’ve come across as hating early leavers! I can’t leave early, it’s in my DNA. People will do what they want.

In an ideal world, we would all stay to the end and be teleported directly home instantly, but sadly, our world is imperfect.

Not strictly true. When you're trying to watch the game and you have to get up time and time again for people leaving early and they block you're view, it is very much other people's business.
That argument doesn't hold up. Lots of people are on the move after 35 minutes to go to the concourse bar.
People arrive late. People go for a piss. Its a stadium with 53,000 in it. It isn't like watching the opera.

Rather watch it at home and see the whole game than miss large chunks of it. Can maybe understand those leaving in stoppage time, but if you're leaving in the 76th minute you aren't that invested in what's going on on the pitch. You can't be.

As somebody else said it is other people's business when you're constantly up and down having to let people out. Our supporters get enough ribbing without all being tarnished with the same brush too.
At that point it can only mean it's just something to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.