North Stand Expansion

Nice, you can see the first bit of steelwork for the base of the Skybar and the 5 elevated rows of seats in front of it. I love this stage as things look like they're absolutely flying along.

View attachment 114807

View attachment 114808

Edit: or is that for the suites underneath the Skybar?
Looking at it last night and was really confused by the existing support and and cables. How do they manage the moving or re-jigging of it?

Looking at it last night and was really confused by the existing support and and cables. How do they manage the moving or re-jigging of it?
There's new support steelwork going on top with cables to hold up the cable net system, the old, big angled supports then gets taken out. Search for @Coatigan recent posts on here as he's covered it very well.

Nice, you can see the first bit of steelwork for the base of the Skybar and the 5 elevated rows of seats in front of it. I love this stage as things look like they're absolutely flying along.

View attachment 114807

View attachment 114808

Edit: or is that for the suites underneath the Skybar?

Part of it, but not quite the same bit, that is further along and the bit that looks cantilevered currently is still going to come down to ground eventually.

The overhanging sky bar is a few bays along. I'll highlight on a section a bit later on.

Last edited:
Do you mean the tall cores that have gone up? They're for the stairways and lifts, I think it's for fire proofing exits in case of emergency.

What are the giant concrete blocks for ?

The whole hotel wing is, I'm fairly convinced, going to be built in-situ concrete. The cores are a part of that.

The scale is deceptive, i've heard people call it 'the lift shaft', but that core actually contains 6 lift shafts, and 1 of 2 staircases, the other will attach to it. The smaller core you see rising is a lift a stair and a riser, and the one to the side which is still at pit level will be 2 lifts and a stair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.