Nottingham Forest (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Team really looking leggy.Just shows how mentally strong the lads are.
Its been a long season and they are dragging themselves over the line , a few players are playing on memory to win four title on the bounce is inconcievable and there is a reason why it hasnt been done before. But if we do it , then we are the best team the world has ever seen , no debate.

Its been a long season and they are dragging themselves over the line , a few players are playing on memory to win four title on the bounce is inconcievable and there is a reason why it hasnt been done before. But if we do it , then we are the best team the world has ever seen , no debate.
The world has ever seen???? Stop it.

IMG-20240428-WA0011.jpg

It's All About The Three Points

To be honest, most of that display was shockingly shit! After Thursday night's heroics, no way did I expect a performance as collectively bad as this.

Doku was terrible, & I was terrified he'd give away a penalty. Walker struggled like an old man at times. Bernardo was poor. Julian was anonymous, Rodri was looking a lot fitter, but was marooned on his own.

IMG-20240428-WA0015.jpg

Thankfully Gvardiol stepped up when he did to give us the lead in the run up to half-time. TBH, I couldn’t see where a goal was going to come from because tactically Forest got it spot on.

IMG-20240428-WA0014.jpg

I was glad to see half-time & it came as little surprise to see Doku withdrawn. He was totally ineffective & defensively he looked a liability. He was replaced by Kovacic who I thought should've started.

If Forest could've hit a cows arse with a banjo, we'd have been dead & buried by 60 minutes. At least Kova stiffened us up centrally, but we still looked defensively feeble. Aké, Akanji & Gvardiol (at times) kept us in it.

IMG-20240428-WA0012.jpg

Cometh the hour, cometh the Viking. He's been poor much of this season but I sensed he was back on it when he came on & out to prove himself & so he did.

His touches were perfect & he held the ball up like he did last season, & was laying it off well & bringing others into play too. For the goal, it was a brilliant pass from a toiling KDB. Haaland held off & controlled the surrounding defender, twisted him one way & then the other, & despatched a right foot cross across the keeper into the bottom left of Forest's goal for our second, giving us a bit of breathing space. I could've kissed this big bastard!

Forest looked crestfallen, but continued ploughing away until the bitter end. I've gotta say I was seriously impressed with Murillo & thought he was the best player on the pitch before he went off injured.

We managed to see the game out & came away with the three points which was our main objective..

Screenshot_20240428_190954_ManCityApp.jpg

We've got a week to rest & prepare for Wolves & we must do much much better. I've no idea if we're better suited to playing more regularly to keep our rhythm going, or whether a gruelling season is catching up with us, but if we're not careful, we'll be in danger of shooting ourselves in the foot.

Happy with the points, but seriously pissed off at the poor performance.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.