Whaley Bridge shooting

I watched a documentary on the Tony Martin case recently, funnily enough.

He was carrying an illegal firearm and was sat on his stairs waiting for the guys to come into the house. He then shot them twice in the hallway and then in the back as they were fleeing the scene.

I agree that people should have a right to defend themselves but IMO Tony Martin was very lucky to have got off the murder charge.

He was a mentally deranged dangerous old nutter with an illegal shotgun, not some cuddly grandad turned folk hero.

I also don't have much sympathy for the burglars either. Everyone involved in that incident was a complete fuckwit, that's my view on it.

He was carrying an illegal firearm and was sat on his stairs waiting for the guys to come into the house. He then shot them twice in the hallway and then in the back as they were fleeing the scene.

I agree that people should have a right to defend themselves but IMO Tony Martin was very lucky to have got off the murder charge.

He was a mentally deranged dangerous old nutter with an illegal shotgun, not some cuddly grandad turned folk hero.

I also don't have much sympathy for the burglars either. Everyone involved in that incident was a complete fuckwit, that's my view on it.
And the result is they never got to break into anyone’s home again. Simple.

My daughters know these lads.
They broke in the night before and apparently nicked 20k.
Went back the next day to nick his guns so they could Rob a farm not far away that has a big weed grow.
Only thing is they told every fucker they were going back.
The farmer was waiting shot one point blank in the face apparently.
But he's been charged with pre meditated murder.
He had been broken into 17 times in the last 2 years and told the police next time I will shoot them.
He's meant to be a really nice guy .
Little bastards got what they deserved

Caveaet Ruptor

It's not "simple" though is it.

There were no innocent parties on that day.
It is. What is also simple is that if they didn’t choose to go and break into his house that night, they would be alive the next day, both of them that is, and one without serious injury.

Doing a bit it reading now, Martin claimed to have been burgled ten times prior, with the police doing very little. No way of proving that, just like it was only the prosecution who claimed he was lying in wait on the stairs. No way of knowing if that is true, however if the ten break ins were true would you blame anyone for being a little bit paranoid of what might happen each night?

I’m glad he did what he did. No break in, no shooting.

Pretty much.

Even for military personnel, you aren't allowed to shoot someone in the back whilst on guard duty (effectively, someone no longer posing a direct threat to life).

There is only really one way to avoid a murder conviction in this situation, and that is to issue a warning if possible, and only fire if you believe your life is in immediate danger and there is no other way to prevent an attack on you or others in the property. Give the perpetrator a chance to walk away.
Can you shoot them in the arse?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.