Maine Rd terrace characters

felixbg said:
tonythecoleman said:
thats the one.

spoke to him on the bus last week ... hes got 2 of the coats he's got and refuses to wear any city merchandise with a brand name on it. Some of his badges are brilliant too, about fergie & united, ask him to show you them next time, he covers them up with his scarf. legend

When I was a kid on the Kippax I was so small I had to get there 90 minutes before kick off and postion myself above the big tunnel nearest the North Stand so I had any chance of a view. From about 1987 onwards this bloke was always there right near me above the tunnel. I saw him the other week for the first time since the Kippax wasn't standing. Legend.

There used to be a fat guy with glasses and a blond mullet who used to stand near up. No matter how well we were doing, sooner or later something trivial would set him off on a mad, red faced, spit spraying, 5-minute rant of pure rage. And then everyone around him would start cheering

LongsightM13 said:
Is the guy in the jacket you're on about the one with about 200 badges on his scarf and flat city cap? Still see him about. You've forgot 'the end is nigh' placard guy

He helped me get to oldhams ground when i was lost at the train station once, last game of season we beat them 6-2 i think.. still see him at city now, he showed me while walking to the boundry park what he kept in his bag. tightly rolled up news papers and sed if anyone starts on him he just gives a slap with that...

just remembered,the corner of the kippax,next to the north stand early nineties,tall skinny bloke,who after 3 mins of every game used to shout,GET A SUB ON!

there was a fella in the platt lane who used to wave a dead chicken/turkey round his head.used to sit behind the goal.he was abit of a lively chap.

tonythecoleman said:
just remembered,the corner of the kippax,next to the north stand early nineties,tall skinny bloke,who after 3 mins of every game used to shout,GET A SUB ON!
Windy corner, later the Gene Kelly. We used to go there sometimes for laugh cos there were some real oddballs who were die hard regulars there. One little guy would start singing 'you're worse than stockport county' for ages whenever we conceded a goal

LongsightM13 said:
tonythecoleman said:
Windy corner, later the Gene Kelly. We used to go there sometimes for laugh cos there were some real oddballs who were die hard regulars there. One little guy would start singing 'you're worse than stockport county' for ages whenever we conceded a goal
aah the windy corner,i remember it well,fookin windy wernt it? also the scene of a battle royal,derby day sep 85.

Never understood why the loons would insist on standing there when it was pissing down and a roof and shelter was 10 yards away. Ps is jacket guy scottish? Someone once told me he was but I've never spoken to him. What's his real name? Any pics? He's a city legend and deserves proper recognition on here

mancunial said:
late sixties early seventies, les tate, george mcguire, mark britner these lads were very handy to have around seen george last season in the family stand always found them good lads, they got into big trouble on the london underground if i can recollect back in mid seventies travelling to west ham? lifelong true blues always have respect for them?
Remember Les well. Stayed with him at his Aunts in Windsor during a double header in London. He dragged me to Cold Trafford one night while we were queing for Derby tickets, just so we could abuse united fans. I rememder a guy called Gypo who could look after himself. Anyone recall Tiny Davies. Think he managed Mercer Celtic.

Anyone remeber the guys name that had MCFC tattood on his dick? Think his nickname was Bulldog!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.