Maine Rd terrace characters

Eds said:
Re Debs was she the blonde girl who actually moved house to be nearer Maine Rd?? She was always first in the queue for tickets and then she nipped home for flasks of hot drinks. She used to go every game in the 80's and 90's..........If it is her she couldnt have been that old, very sad

No, that's Debbie D. She's alive and kicking!!

Oh right, although not seen her around for a while.....

Re Brad Doyle, used to play football with him and his brothers, not the red one! Although he can look after himself and is as mad as a hatter he will always look after fellow blues as well. Mind you it is the quieter ones in the family who are the real hard nuts although i wouldnt mess with any of them

Didsbury Dave said:
darrenwassall said:
still ripping people off to fund his habit,will always be in his brothers shadow,who incidently was/is a genuine force to be reckoned with

Saw him the other week.

He once started sayying really personal stuff to me on a London tube, like "You live on Langdale Avenue, don't you?" and "You're 26, aren't you?" and all this. Whilst we knew each other's faces, I couldn't believe he knew all this stuff about me.

Then he gave me my wallet back.

Also was once in the Moon Under The Water with him after we'd been relegated.

He got his cock out and pissed in the middle of the pub in front of hundreds of people.

He's renowned for pissing ANYWHERE. We were going up the steps at St James Park for the FA Cup game under Keegan and he had to stop for a piss break half way up. I'd heard about the incident in the Moon as well. You can't make that stuff up. I like him, always done well by me.

Eds said:
Re Debs was she the blonde girl who actually moved house to be nearer Maine Rd?? She was always first in the queue for tickets and then she nipped home for flasks of hot drinks. She used to go every game in the 80's and 90's..........If it is her she couldnt have been that old, very sad

Nah, it's not her mate, had an emither conversation with her this very morning !!!

totallywired said:
Sky Blue said:
She was indeed mate.....
Top girl was Debbie, had a brother called Tony. Used to go to all the games together, a big crew from Gorton and Ardwick. Everton away one year we were stood outside Lime st. after the game, when Eric Williams came walking up with a screwdriver stuck out of his back. He didn`t even know it was there!! Debbie moved to Hyde when her mam took over a pub there.

I will 2nd that Debbie was a top girl indeed i got to know her and Tony quite well when they lived in Hyde.

Flixton is blue said:
Who is the lad who always wears a tartan hat/ginger wig-very strange,he sits in the East stand 102
Is this him?
24lsaau.jpg

tonythecoleman said:
most of us will remember some characters from m14,heres just a few,helen and her bell,the francis brothers,brad doyle,scotch mick security at the maine entrance,daft donald,the guy at the front of the kippax in his 70s bomber jacket and bag,still wears it now,kippax debbie,jimmy meagan,the ticket touts,now who have i forgot?
Jimmy Meighan is my late brother x You just made me cry x

Here's a challenge lads. If anyone sees the jacket fella at the match tomorrow, see if he'll pose for a pic. Also some of the 'special badges' he's got, if he's willing. He's a legend and deserves to be recognised.
Ps, RIP your brother, Kinky. Not heard the name before but he must have been a character if people are still writing about him today.

LongsightM13 said:
Here's a challenge lads. If anyone sees the jacket fella at the match tomorrow, see if he'll pose for a pic. Also some of the 'special badges' he's got, if he's willing. He's a legend and deserves to be recognised.
Ps, RIP your brother, Kinky. Not heard the name before but he must have been a character if people are still writing about him today.
The guy with the coat and all the badges is called 'scotch pete',me and my mates used to stand near him on the kippax very early eighties,at the time he was living in scotland and used to go every match home and away,unbelievable! he is a top bloke and has time for any blues,like a previous poster said this guy deserves recognition,its also very strange how he has not changed or seemed to have aged hardy since the early eighties considering the ride that is the manchester city roller coaster he has been on with us all???

Hinchcliffes chin said:
LongsightM13 said:
The guy with the coat and all the badges is called 'scotch pete',me and my mates used to stand near him on the kippax very early eighties,at the time he was living in scotland and used to go every match home and away,unbelievable! he is a top bloke and has time for any blues,like a previous poster said this guy deserves recognition,its also very strange how he has not changed or seemed to have aged hardy since the early eighties considering the ride that is the manchester city roller coaster he has been on with us all???

I was amazed when I saw him the other week for the first time in around 15 years and he looked EXACTLY the same. Like LongsightM13 said, if someone sees him tomorrow try and get a photo with him and put it on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.