Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
LFC make him a public enemy yet expect City to pay £50m? £35m is still a ridiculously good fee to get for a player in dispute with his club whose contract is winding down.

City should move on and Sterling should walk away from that club. The way they have treated the player is really a disgrace.

There are other players in this price bracket. City and Txiki has contacts all over the world. Just because the media focus on Delph, De Bruyne, Pogba and Sterling does not mean these are our only targets.

Do you know what I find it laughable that many people on here are applauding Sterling and his agents behaviour. If the shoe was on the other foot and Sterling had been playing for City he would have been absolutely slaughtered and rightly so. He is not doing his reputation any good whatsoever. Even Berahino who was since as a troublesome kid has ditched Ward.
I disagree because we would not have acted in the same way, we wouldn't have got all our ex players getting involved at every opportunity. Danny Sturridge did the same if not worse by running his contract down and I'm sure if we acted like Liverpool Danny would of acted exactly like raheem. He has been slaughtered left right and centre, a proper character assassination and he is still 20!!! It's a disgrace how the press tried to bully a kid to stay at Liverpool coz of their history. Lovren never got slaughtered like this and it was the exact same situation except a player moved to Liverpool. So that's why I back raheems actions even if he was moving to a different club. They need to realise they are a selling club now, they snatched him from QPR he chose them over us by offering more money now the tables have turned, so fuck em the thieving, grief stricken hypocritical twunts.

Liverpool Fan??
To be fair, think about if one of our lads was doing this to us, there'd be Blues everywhere moaning like fuck! Remember the reception Joey Barton got just because he didn't sign a contract and the reception he still gets now. and when Tevez went AWOL. Not the same situations as this but look at our reactions both times.

I'm glad the club don't value him at £50m. He was very poor for a huge amount of last season. I've mentioned his faults before but for someone with his poor finishing ability, poor crossing ability, lack of awareness of where he is on the pitch (runs the ball out of play a fair bit) and lack of defensive attributes i bet Begiristain and Pellegrini laughed when they heard Liverpool first mention they want £50m. Yes he's fast, yes he's tricky, yes he's homegrown...but £50m!

I reckon Liverpool will end up accepting around £42.5m after pissing Sterling and the Liverpool fanbase off and making us wait longer than we wanted.

Maybe, just maybe, if Liverpool hadn't played this whole saga through the media and kept the negotiations private and professional this matter may have been sorted to everyone's satisfaction by now without all the petty squabbling. Although everyone knew Jimmy was off there were hardly any comments by the club, player, agent, ex -players, kit man etc. Liverpool need to have a long look at themselves over this saga and ask how it could and should have been handled better.

Still say this is done and dusted with nothing but politics and posturing being played out by a media that hasn't got a fucking clue and by them to appease fans.

They will have always wanted their targets in place first before announcing his sale and for me, no way do they go to the far East with this still being played out.

Unless I'm mistaken the maximum that Liverpool can fine him for not going on the tour is 4 weeks wages. Considering he's still only on about 30k a week that's not really a huge hit for him. If it speeds up his move by one week, then he'll have turned a profit even if they fine him 4 week wages.

I really can't see how Liverpool are going to win this one. Sterling is of absolute no value to them if he goes on strike, which he seemingly is doing. Their intransigence at not accepting less than 50 million pounds could IMO, absolutely come back and bite them on the arse in terms of ending up being stuck with a player who they'll get nothing for next summer, and who they will not be able to rely on in the upcoming season.

City meanwhile have an entire European supermarket full of players to shop from. I think we're playing chicken not just with liverpool, but with Juventus and Wolfsburg too. Watching it all unfold, as frustrating as it feels at times, is also fascinating.

It puts to an end the ridiculous, flapping bollocks of 'why didn't we just bid 'x' three weeks ago' which is the most common post on every fucking thread about every player.

The truth is that the media have no idea where these negotiations stand, & there is no point in people flapping about it.

Also, if it was just a case of 'pay whatever they want' & 'pull your finger out Txiki' 'we can never do these big deals' like some complete & utter morons keep suggesting, the owner would just fucking pay it & tell him to sod off.

This is City, doing this, not one bloke. The owner, the chairman, the d.o.f. This is how we are doing it & if that means the clubs won't sell, we will bid up to what the club thinks it's worth, to us, whether people here think it's not enough or it's too much, nobody cares, it's not them who are spending the money, it's the club/owner.

If they don't like it, take it up with Sheikh Mansour

Very well said mate, the club is professionally run these days - they know what they're doing.

Do you know what I find laughable ?

That City fans have cheered Milner all season, even though we knew he was probably going to Liverpool, & had been tapped up prior to the Jan transfer window, & therefore illegally & that Liverpool fans are so far up their own arses, they have to kick & scream because a player wants to leave them, & create all this shit, rather than just sell him for good money, having got Milner, for fuck all.

Self important, shithole of a club.

You're wasting your time mate. In the eyes of Liverpool fans it's only right that City fans cheered Milner even though he was leaving on a free. It was the right and proper thing to do because he was leaving to go to Liverpool, the biggest and bestest club in the land, with the most knowledgeable and bestest fan base. Just as it's right for Liverpool to vilify Sterling for wanting to leave the biggest and bestest club in the world lah. Because in their tiny brain washed minds, anyone who wants to leave Liverpool must be an evil, money grabbing, morally bankrupt, little liar.
We haven't seen a club and fanbase act so appallingly since Everton over Lescott. I wonder what they both have in common? Is it because they're both Scouse or perhaps it's because its the last clear and unmistakeable sign that we are now a bigger club than them in the eyes of the players.

That City fans have cheered Milner all season, even though we knew he was probably going to Liverpool, & had been tapped up prior to the Jan transfer window, & therefore illegally & that Liverpool fans are so far up their own arses, they have to kick & scream because a player wants to leave them, & create all this shit, rather than just sell him for good money, having got Milner, for fuck all.

bang on

This all day long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.