Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
€19m is cheap in my mind, that's only £13.5m, which given the length of his contract and, last season aside, his goalscoring record, is on the low side. I'd be wanting something in the £20m range for him.
You may be right. But virtually all of that is booked as a profit, which coupled with his wages, gives us p,empty of freedom for our buys.

If I was a player & the manager had left me on the bench, presumably because he didn't think I was playing up to the standard required, I'd be busting a gut to get on, and prove him wrong.

Not sitting there, with no boots on, stocking feet up on the chair in front, lolling around, laughing & joking with Nasri.

Both seemingly not giving a sh*t about what was happening on the pitch.

Appalling attitude, from both of them, well rid, imo

You may be right. But virtually all of that is booked as a profit, which coupled with his wages, gives us p,empty of freedom for our buys.

True, from a FFP perspective, given Dzeko's contract extension etc, his sell on value can, in the main, be booked as profit. Still think we can get nearer to £20m than £15m for him though.

The Pound is a lot stronger compared to the Euro from this time last year. We should be at an advantage buying from the Continent but the opposite when selling, no way are we getting £20m for Edin.

The Pound is a lot stronger compared to the Euro from this time last year. We should be at an advantage buying from the Continent but the opposite when selling, no way are we getting £20m for Edin.

Yes because he isnt worth £20m. 29 very inconsistent, offers little else apart from the odd goal. I'd drive him there myself for €20M

True, from a FFP perspective, given Dzeko's contract extension etc, his sell on value can, in the main, be booked as profit. Still think we can get nearer to £20m than £15m for him though.

Sell on value if a club buys him and keeps him for 3 years his sell on value will be less than 5 millions euro.

Sell on value if a club buys him and keeps him for 3 years his sell on value will be less than 5 millions euro.

No, his sell on value will be whatever you can actually sell him for. What I'm saying is that, as far as FFP and accounting for his transfer, are considered, most of whatever we can sell him for will actually equate to a bookable profit. We bought him for £27m, on a 4.5 year deal, in January 2011, which from an accountancy point of view means he "costs" us £6m per year (£27m divided by 4.5 years). In August 2014 he signed a new deal, until 2018. This means we'd already "accounted" for £21m of his fee by that point (£6m per year x 3.5 years) so we only needed to account for a further £6m. This £6m will now be spread over the remaining years of his new contract, so that's £1.5m per year cost in the accounts. It's now summer 2015, so we've accounted for £1.5m, that means Dzeko's book value to us is now £4.5m. If we were, for arguments sake, to sell Dzeko for £14.5m in the next month or so then we'd be able to book a sell on value/profit/whatever you want to call it in the accounts of £10m for Dzeko. This can be booked all at once, in this years accounts. It doesn't need to be spread over the length of his remaining contract.

It's what your average, ill-informed, supporter (normally of one of the elite clubs, like United) doesn't understand about how transfer work, from an accountancy perspective. They see a club spending £30m on a player this year, and think it's cost us £30m in this years accounts. Equally, they look at buying a player for £30m (on a 5 year contract), and selling him after 4 years for £10m as a £20m loss on the player, when from an accountancy perspective it's actually a £4m profit.

No, his sell on value will be whatever you can actually sell him for. What I'm saying is that, as far as FFP and accounting for his transfer, are considered, most of whatever we can sell him for will actually equate to a bookable profit. We bought him for £27m, on a 4.5 year deal, in January 2011, which from an accountancy point of view means he "costs" us £6m per year (£27m divided by 4.5 years). In August 2014 he signed a new deal, until 2018. This means we'd already "accounted" for £21m of his fee by that point (£6m per year x 3.5 years) so we only needed to account for a further £6m. This £6m will now be spread over the remaining years of his new contract, so that's £1.5m per year cost in the accounts. It's now summer 2015, so we've accounted for £1.5m, that means Dzeko's book value to us is now £4.5m. If we were, for arguments sake, to sell Dzeko for £14.5m in the next month or so then we'd be able to book a sell on value/profit/whatever you want to call it in the accounts of £10m for Dzeko. This can be booked all at once, in this years accounts. It doesn't need to be spread over the length of his remaining contract.

It's what your average, ill-informed, supporter (normally of one of the elite clubs, like United) doesn't understand about how transfer work, from an accountancy perspective. They see a club spending £30m on a player this year, and think it's cost us £30m in this years accounts. Equally, they look at buying a player for £30m (on a 5 year contract), and selling him after 4 years for £10m as a £20m loss on the player, when from an accountancy perspective it's actually a £4m profit.

Thanks but I understand amortisation. I was simply talking about his fee seeing as we are not tied to any FFP restrictions. My main point however related to the fact he's fucking useless in 9/10 games so whatever we get for him in my eyes is a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.