Dzeko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, his sell on value will be whatever you can actually sell him for. What I'm saying is that, as far as FFP and accounting for his transfer, are considered, most of whatever we can sell him for will actually equate to a bookable profit. We bought him for £27m, on a 4.5 year deal, in January 2011, which from an accountancy point of view means he "costs" us £6m per year (£27m divided by 4.5 years). In August 2014 he signed a new deal, until 2018. This means we'd already "accounted" for £21m of his fee by that point (£6m per year x 3.5 years) so we only needed to account for a further £6m. This £6m will now be spread over the remaining years of his new contract, so that's £1.5m per year cost in the accounts. It's now summer 2015, so we've accounted for £1.5m, that means Dzeko's book value to us is now £4.5m. If we were, for arguments sake, to sell Dzeko for £14.5m in the next month or so then we'd be able to book a sell on value/profit/whatever you want to call it in the accounts of £10m for Dzeko. This can be booked all at once, in this years accounts. It doesn't need to be spread over the length of his remaining contract.

It's what your average, ill-informed, supporter (normally of one of the elite clubs, like United) doesn't understand about how transfer work, from an accountancy perspective. They see a club spending £30m on a player this year, and think it's cost us £30m in this years accounts. Equally, they look at buying a player for £30m (on a 5 year contract), and selling him after 4 years for £10m as a £20m loss on the player, when from an accountancy perspective it's actually a £4m profit.

Thanks for explaining the details of contracts and fees so well. I now do know the reasons for all those new contracts that were done last season. Cheers

Not only that, the number 10 shirts needs to be given to a player who actually excites the fans, how he got his hands on that number I will never know.

Don't get me wrong...he has performed in some games and when it mattered, it just doesn't happen enough. Not sure if he is lazy or that's just his way but he comes across as lazy and doesn't give a shit.

Don't understand why Dzeko gets so much stick from our fans.

He has scored some very important goals for us, for example against QPR, and it was his form that led us on to win the title in 2014. Okay, he may not run around here there and everywhere like Aguero seems to do, but his style of play is a lot different than his. He is strong, holds the ball up well and he can strike a ball, all the attributes of a top striker. He could get into any team and do very well.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but, some of the insults his way is embarrassing. Okay maybe most are said in jest, but he is one of our own afterall.

you will find that there are idiots on any forums. The haters on the other hand, love to focus on his faults but completely ignore his other accomplishments. Thanks goodness their opinion don't matter in the real world. Just ignore them and move on

Like I said before, we demand more and they just keep going lower.
It was reportedly 13.6m a few days ago ffs.
It's moronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.