Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE – Raheem Sterling

FAO the Liverpool supporting media. I am sure you read this website.

Especially Sky, Talk SPORT, The Mirror, The Star, The Telegraph and the Daily Mail, and any old ex Liverpool players they wheel out to spout their bitterness.

The vitriolic witch hunt shown to Raheem has been disgusting. He has acted no differently to any other player desperate to join another club and further his career. Your very own Adam Lallana went on strike at Southampton to force his move to Liverpool. Was he subjected to this sort of abuse?? Selective memories.

I see that Nicolas Gaitan has gone on strike at Benfica to force his move to United. All over the press? Of course not.

If any of these hypocritical uneducated hacks were offered a job with a bigger company with a higher salary they would go in a heartbeat.

Lets put it into some perspective and give a City point of view for once.

· Liverpool have not got the best deal out of this.

· It is a good deal for both clubs.

· Liverpool have not received £49M from City.

· The fee is not £49M.

· It is £44M plus £5M add ons.

· You owe 20% to QPR which equates to nearly £9M

· Therefore Liverpool receive £35M

· If, in the future we pay you a further £5M in add ons, I will be delighted as it will mean he has been a success.

· You will still owe £1M to QPR from these add ons.

· The fee may prove good value. He may stay here for 10 years at £4M per year.

· £35M for Andy Carroll is a lot of money.

· £14.5M for an injury prone 31 year old German midfielder on £275k per week is a lot of money.

· We rotate our squad to keep our players fresh.

· If he does not play every match then great. It means he will stay a better player for longer and not get burnt out. Remember Michael Owen?

· He is 20 years old. Possibly the best 20 year old in world football right now.

· He was the FIFA Golden boy in 2014.

· Jordan Ibe is not better.

· He had a great season in 2013/14 when playing with Suarez and Sturridge.

· He did not have a great season on 2014/15 when playing with Borini and Lambert.

· Lets see how he does in 2015/16 with Silva and Aguero.

· He could well be lifting trophies with England in the coming decade with all the great players coming through in this generation.

· Lets get behind him and think of England.

· Carragher, Thompson, Lawrenson, Aldridge etc can spout all they like. They are upset because we have broken up the SKY 4 cartel and it looks like their club are the ones that will lose out long term.

· I have just got back from holiday and seen German and Russian kids running around in sky blue with Aguero on their back – not Ings.

· Football is cyclical and it is currently our turn.

· You had a great couple of decades in the 70’s and 80’s but now it is our turn.

· When I was stood on the terraces in 1999 on a Tuesday night watching City lose to Lincoln City, I didn’t blame the clubs above us – I blamed City for the mistakes and years of mis-management.

· We have history too.

· We won the FA cup before Liverpool

· We won the league before Liverpool

· We won a European trophy before Liverpool.

· Liverpool have won a lot more trophies than we have but a bulk was just a generation ago so it is still fresh in the memory.

· Yes we are spending money to bring success.

· Can you please tell me who last won the league without doing so?

· United have been doing it for decades.

· Liverpool did it in the 80’s with the Moore’s family fortune (Barnes, Aldridge, Houghton, Beardsley etc)

· Arsenal started it in the 1920’s with Herbert Chapman and Huddersfield town (google it) so how do you like them apples Wenger??

· He is far more likely to win trophies at City then Liverpool but he has moved just for money?

· City is not a graveyard for English players.

· 30 medals have been awarded to English players in the last 5 years.

· Jack Rodwell was injured for 2 years – that is why he didn’t play.

· Hart, Richards, Milner, Barry and Lescott all won more than any English Liverpool player in the last 5 years.

I understand they are just publishing click bait so their web articles get hits in Malaysia and Singapore and that is how they get their money.

I just want it to be a bit more balanced.

I appreciate that Liverpool and United have millions of fans worldwide and we haven’t, so an anti City article will generate clicks and raise money. True but just ethically wrong.
Out-f**ing-standing.

I'm watching the RvP unveiling at Fenerbace, and I have to say, I hope one day we'll see such scenes at City. They're nowhere near as big as us, but the way they welcome players it's great.

Turks are nutters lol. Remember a similar welcome for Vassell. Yes, Darius Vassell :D

He looked in shock

Great post Burnage Burnsy.

Few more points:
I think you meant we won the League Cup before them rather than League.

Liverpool were the original sugar daddy club, formed when the then Everton chairman kicked Everton out of Anfield and literally bought a whole new team.

Liverpool were one of the 'big 5' who threatened to breakaway in 1981 unless the Football League allowed them to keep all home gate receipts instead of sharing them with the visiting club. Since then only four clubs outside those 5 have won the title and three of those four (Blackburn, Chelsea and City) needed huge cash injections to do that.

The same 5 led the breakaway to the Premier League in 1991, Liverpool chairman Noel White (along with Arsenal's David Dein) leading the negotiations.

They prefer to forget those bits of their history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.