Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an aside about Alan Shearer and him knowing a thing or two. I remember watching some documentary about penalty shoot outs, years ago. They had all sorts of data and research that showed that regardless of not being able to recreate the pressure of a penalty shoot out, practising penalties definitely gives you an advantage when it comes to the real thing. They showed this to Alan Shearer who immediately said it was rubbish and that there is no point in practising penalties because and I quote, "you can either take a penalty or you can't." And then he added that you couldn't recreate the pressure of a real penalty shoot out anyway. The guy was a football dinosaur before he was 30, I wouldn't trust his opinion on the modern game.
Well all you need to know is the fact that he said he would have sold for £40m, and Liverpool are almost certainly going to get more than that now. So he's basically just admitted that he would have got less than the buying club were willing to pay.

I can just picture Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, Txiki and Fran Soriano SKYPING each other saying....shall we put them out of their misey.....nahhh Sheikh lets laugh at them for a few days more.......ohhhh Khaldoon your so cruel....go on then....I am in.....Txiki says I am loving the flapping thread ......then Sheikh Mansour says shall we wait for Big Dave Watson to give his input before we announce anything ...want to announce it at the start of the week Sheikh....sure we can announce it on Sunday....don't you mean Monday....no Sunday ........ just one more Tolmie video then we can go to defcon 3

Why aren't we announcing any deals, infact have we even made bids on players. Stirling is the only one we've heard about, and they've both been rejected.

Do you remember it being reported that Liverpool had bid for Firmino? Or was it just announced that they'd signed him? We don't need to detail whether we've bid or not. The only reason those apparent bids for Sterling were in the media was because Liverpool leaked them. Were they the full picture? Were they factually correct? Or was it spin to appease Liverpool's fans that the club were playing hard ball?

Dragging this.....

A third bid going in seems to have been reported daily for over a week now and yet still nothing.

I still think he is going to be our player but I really want him to have a full pre-season to bed in properly.

I can just picture Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, Txiki and Fran Soriano SKYPING each other saying....shall we put them out of their misey.....nahhh Sheikh lets laugh at them for a few days more.......ohhhh Khaldoon your so cruel....go on then....I am in.....Txiki says I am loving the flapping thread ......then Sheikh Mansour says shall we wait for Big Dave Watson to give his input before we announce anything ...want to announce it at the start of the week Sheikh....sure we can announce it on Sunday....don't you mean Monday....no Sunday ........ just one more Tolmie video then we can go to defcon 3
Haha imagining this has just made me chuckle...been away for a few hours...I'm assuming not activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.