Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have done more with the chances he had seen as he was the focal point of the attack whenever he played. He tended not to start the big games but did against the lesser teams which made his task easier. Any striker costing what he did and getting paid his wages, and serviced by an excellent team should have at least done what he did. He did okay for us and I wish him well, but hope we can get someone in who is a genuine aerial threat now as our team is getting shorter by the week.

Best of luck to Edin!

Carried us to the title in spring 2014 when Jovetic and Aguero and Negredo were all some level of injured.

Also, what about all the points he saved for us with late goals during the first half of the 2012-13 season? Not sure it was the difference between Chumps League and not, but it sure as hell made qualifying a lot easier.

One of my favourite players in recent times. Hoped he'd stay til Jan, at least.

Will continue to watch him play for Roma and hope he gets his form back, playing for a new team.

Miss him already.

Really? I appreciate his time here and he has cemented a place in our history. There's no denying he has played an integral and important role in our recent history, but once he leaves I won't be going out of my way to watch him.
Some players get City, they understand the club and the fans and they become part of it, they become one of us. I don't think Edin comes into that category.

Good luck Edin. Think you will be remembered more fondly on here in the future than you will be over the next few years, but I for one am thankful for the part you played in giving me, and thousands more, the best memory I am ever likely to have watching my beloved blues, and for that, I salute you.

I'm not that clued in to finances but with amortisation of his fee to us, added with his contract extension, isn't selling him for £14m good business? That's regardless of his age etc.

Edit: just realised gdm covered this in the media bias thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.