Swings and Roundabouts -Decisions for and Against

Poor finishing first half and a pathetic second half performance was the reason for the result yesterday, not the officials.

But the decisions don't help and lead to that result. I agree with the posters who said we seem to have a mentality
proplem when things don't go our way.

Have we definitely established that KDB was offside when Yaya made the pass because everything I've seen so far is either inconclusive or looks like he's on-side not off. The timing of yesterday's decisions had the biggest impact on the game, particularly the one just before half time, it gave Spurs the lift they needed and unfortunately we couldn't use the injustice as motivation to go on and win the game. I do wonder what yesterday's match officials actually think when they see replays of those decisions and the impact they had on the result. I can't believe there is absolutely no comeback on them even if it's only being 'flagged up' for future monitoring. There's little point in them being asked to explain them publicly because all they could say is we made a mistake (twice) but surely someone must question them and put them on notice to improve.

We don't have to. BT stated he was offside so that's that then. They wanted it to be offside so much as soon as we scored. It's ridiculous that an offside by a hair's width is even debated. The players were level, to spot that with the human eye is impossible so for me he was on.

The offside for their goal is just unbelievable. I can only assume one thing and that is that it is a completely corrupt decision.

No idea how you can genuinely believe this. If two decisions are 'proven' to have been offside how can you claim that the officials had no bearing on the result!!?

Of course you could claim we might have finished better in the first half but we didn't, however, we were still leading the game. You or I have no idea what might have occurred had the correct offside been awarded in the first half, but to deny this had any bearing on the result beggars belief.

Still very much in the game at 1-1 even if their first goal was miles offside, BTW so was ours but only marginal.
So we start the 2nd half level and then implode, poor mentality, discipline and shape but of course that was down to the officials.

Pellegrini isn't blaming the officials why are you?

But the decisions don't help and lead to that result. I agree with the posters who said we seem to have a mentality
proplem when things don't go our way.

Clearly they don't help but we got the benefit for the first goal no matter how marginal. I posted on the Pellegrini thread, it seems when we go behind the shape and discipline of the side just goes west. Pellegrini doesn't help with his bizarre substitutions.

There should be another column that states 'impact on result' for example if an opponent doesn't get a penalty decision but we are already 3-0 up its largely irrelevant. Also, stating that de Bruyne goal as offside is stretching it as it's one of those very very marginal decisions where even after the game it's up for debate. Those sort of decisions should not be included imo, whether for or against us.

You just had to read the match day thread yesterday to understand the feeling about that decision but in the heat of the moment I can understand his anger, yet many on here accuse our players of not caring showing no passion and not caring which do you want

One very easy way to stop all this, instant replay's , the technology is readily available and is proven.
Rugby, both codes use it, cricket, tennis use it.
I wonder why it is not utilised in football? Well, I don't really, it's obvious in my opinion, the fiddle factor would be removed.
Goal line technology was eventually introduced years too late, again, in my opinion the game is bent.

Still very much in the game at 1-1 even if their first goal was miles offside, BTW so was ours but only marginal.
So we start the 2nd half level and then implode, poor mentality, discipline and shape but of course that was down to the officials.

Pellegrini isn't blaming the officials why are you?

What Pellegrini says publicly and what he thinks privately are two different things I would argue.

What was the cause of the poor mentality? Would the poor mentality have even been an issue were it not for the awarding of a goal to spurs ? (which in effect is what it was) To claim that the two decisions in the first half are in any way comparable is a joke. De Bruyne was looking down the line and timed his run to perfection. Running at xx miles an hour you can't really legislate for a toe not quite being in aligment , equally true for the lino making the call.

Poor shape? The first, our defensive line was impeccable, the second was a free kick as was the third. To compound the issue that was put in by Kane in an offside position which effectively killed the game as a contest. Anything after that, well, the damage had already been done.

You seem to completely ignore the importance of psychology in the game. There might be a debate to be had around mental strength and composure, but to try and deny that the officials had no impact on the game and we would have lost the game anyway without those decisions is quite frankly laughable. I can't really believe that you are being serious!?

One very easy way to stop all this, instant replay's , the technology is readily available and is proven.
Rugby, both codes use it, cricket, tennis use it.
I wonder why it is not utilised in football? Well, I don't really, it's obvious in my opinion, the fiddle factor would be removed.
Goal line technology was eventually introduced years too late, again, in my opinion the game is bent.
Absolutely. A fourth official with a monitor and in constant contact with the on field referee would end all this overnight. The technology is there, but the powers that be resist introducing it. Makes you wonder why really, but it's one of those things that once introduced will quickly become an integral part of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.