Swings and Roundabouts -Decisions for and Against

We got this against Southampton a couple of seasons back:

BkdZ4NNCMAEQBLq.jpg

The problem with football fans is people only scream about it when it goes against them. There's no doubt in my mind that the offside rule needs a video replay. It's impossible for anybody to be able to get it correct everytime.

Tight call unlike the 5 yard one at Spurs

5c48d027015dbfd5c4107fb0d741e605.jpg

Not swings and roundabouts .
I've seen too many referees and linesmen piss on our chips .
How much protection does Silva and Aguero get when they get hacked .
Nothing from these officials .

Dzeko flicked it on, making silva 3/4 yards offside.
Tight call unlike the 5 yard one at Spurs

5c48d027015dbfd5c4107fb0d741e605.jpg

I thought there was mitigating circumstances, the two are not remotely comparable. When the ball is played forward by Yaya silva is onside . The ball goes into dzeko and is flicked onto Silva who at this point is offside. However, the big mitigation for the linesman in this game, and what I assume happened here, is the linesman was unsighted by the Southampton players and it wouldn't have been clear who the ball ricoched off. Hence why the flag didn't go up.

Contrast that with Saturdays decision ball passed straight to a spurs player in full view of the linesman with the spurs player stood clearly and unequivocally offside. Absolute corrupt disgrace.

Equally saints were awarded a penalty in the game which would negate any arguments that any favouritism was going on in our favour in that game.

I thought there was mitigating circumstances, the two are not remotely comparable. When the ball is played forward by Yaya silva is onside . The ball goes into dzeko and is flicked onto Silva who at this point is offside. However, the big mitigation for the linesman in this game, and what I assume happened here, is the linesman was unsighted by the Southampton players and it wouldn't have been clear who the ball ricoched off. Hence why the flag didn't go up.

Contrast that with Saturdays decision ball passed straight to a spurs player in full view of the linesman with the spurs player stood clearly and unequivocally offside. Absolute corrupt disgrace.

Equally saints were awarded a penalty in the game which would negate any arguments that any favouritism was going on in our favour in that game.

You're right, but it's still a particularly poor decision in my opinion mainly because it's such a blatant and large offside, the ref was so close and should have been in contact with the AR to confirm what happened - see what happened yesterday in the Boro v Leeds game as a perfect example of how it should have been handled.

You're right, but it's still a particularly poor decision in my opinion mainly because it's such a blatant and large offside, the ref was so close and should have been in contact with the AR to confirm what happened - see what happened yesterday in the Boro v Leeds game as a perfect example of how it should have been handled.

Problem is the Boro one was contentious ours was blatant didn't need any discussion whatsoever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.