Club Badge (merged)

Nice, would be better as you say with the St Marks Crosses rather than dots.

St.Mark's crosses (or the Crosse Pattee) in White associate with St.Marks .... have them as black/navy, especially with concave arms .... they become something much more sinister.

Maybe Robert Langdon can shed more light on this .....?

xPU1aT.jpg

Be interested to hear which colour scheme other blues think looks the best. Personally I think that while the blue circle looks good on paper, when you actually look at it on a blue shirt, it gets a bit lost. I think the white circle looks much better on a blue shirt.

Number 1 or 2 for me, but if I had to choose I'd go for number 1.
The second one above is a thing of beauty
Change the two dots for two bees and I'd vote for that right now
With a light blue inset version for the navy away kits

Definitely a white background for the writing. Not only does it make "MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB" stand out more it would actually contrast the badge well with the shirt (unless the shirt is a white away kit).

I kinda like the maroon and gold touch to the river stripes, it would stand out more on the kit and looks more like the CoA. But the sky and white is nice too.

So 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 I'd be happy with any.

I completely agree with this mate. The white circle looks infinitely better on the shirts.

Number 1 is more in keeping with the Manchester Coat of Arms, and I think would look better on the shirts as the gold and red would pop out.
UYn4sif.png

But number 2 looks more "City". Without reading the text, you'd instantly recognise it as a City badge. Imagine it on a poster or in the background on MNF, you'd instantly know it was City. It also has the same basic design as our first badge, the white circle of the 72-97 badge, and has the blue and white shield of the current badge. So it has elements of all 3 of our badges, and the Manchester CoA. I think I might be swaying towards number 2.
zuA7Fqv.png

Small but I think important point: If we're having a bee on the badge then it should be the MANCHESTER BEE, rather than any old bee. The one that's seen on bins/bollards/benches around town and is on the floor of central library (looks a bit like a wasp actually).

I agree with you 100% mate. I put a load of different colour schemes togetger (badly) a couple of pages back on to a sky blue background. The one that stood out for me was the white ring, gold and red shield. The all sky blue ones just disappear when on a sky blue shirt.
Don't know if you are able to but I'd be very interested to see that mock up you are referring to, but with "Manchester City F.C." going around the outside, just like on our previous badges.

And then just a single symbol at the bottom, either a bee or St Marks cross (as the 2 bullet points/pinholes on the sides don't mean anything). That would be much appreciated mate!

It does confuse me somewhat that the club use 1894 as that isn't the year St Marks was formed. I wonder why we overlook that part of the clubs history?
Was just about the say the same thing, the club have been keen to stress the pre-1894 history, so think it would be wrong to put this date (or any date) on.

What do the stripes signify?

Prefer ther lancashire rose.

The 3 rivers running through Manchester City centre, the Irk, Medlock and Irwell. Features on the Manchester City Council coat of arms, the old City badge, the old United badge and the Current FC United badge.

For me, the rose, although it looks good, is completely irrelevant to modern Manchester. Also, City draw a fair portion of support from area of Greater Manchester which have never been part of Lancs, such as Hyde and Stockport.

yeah ... i can never settle of the colour scheme on mine .... tried several combinations .... havent tried Purple (odd its a fave colour personally) but thinking it might set off the centrepiece shield more .... especially with a gold one.

apologies ... though it was a yellow football behind, only til i zoomed in realised it was a honeycomb

I know it's not overly popular but Maroon looks good as a fill between the Script Ring and the Shield. And I accidentally tried black after not switching my colours and it actually looks alright, think some might like it.

EDIT: Give grey a go as well Gav, see what you think, With metalic silver thread it could look interesting? It certainly doesn't detract when I try it.

I'm glad CitizenTID explained in his last post about the rivalry with United. Research from wiki as well! I'd have made a right Charlie of myself on Sunday had I not known. I'm going to have to decide which side of this rivalry I'm on now.
Ha point being when we had that original badge they were different times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.