John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'd be a fantastic signing for us and just what pep would want. He makes mistakes, but christ so does mangala, mdm and ota. He's got 10 years of being a top CB ahead of him.

I think he'd be a fantastic signing for us and just what pep would want. He makes mistakes, but christ so does mangala, mdm and ota. He's got 10 years of being a top CB ahead of him.
I like the way he always remains calm under pressure.some of the games I've watched and you can hear the crowd on him to launch it but he always plays it cool top player.

Yeah and I think Everton would rather not sell to another premier league team

With the television money being so high now, I think this is an issue we'll find more and more often. There's no pressure for teams like Everton and Spurs to sell their best players anymore and, if they do, it will be for an enormous fee. The days of cherry picking the best players in the league look to be over.

With the television money being so high now, I think this is an issue we'll find more and more often. There's no pressure for teams like Everton and Spurs to sell their best players anymore and, if they do, it will be for an enormous fee. The days of cherry picking the best players in the league look to be over.

I agree.

John Stones did put a transfer request in during the summer though so he looks like he could be up for a move if it is to better his career.

I hear Barca are interested but can't afford him but let's not forget they have a buy back clause on Deulofeu for something ridiculous like £8m. I reckon they could say to Everton they will write that clause off if they can get Stones for less than they want.

He will cost a Premier League side at least £40m I reckon.

He's not going to solve our problems, unless we play him in a defensive midfield position, he's not an aggressive centre half, takes risks and is poor getting into defensive positions. We need stability, a top, proven international centre half.

This is a Fifa signing

There is pressure. They have a stadium that is in such bad state, it only just passed it safety certificate. The Chelsea deal was a token effort, ours isn't. They have two key ageing and injury prone defenders and a wafer thin squad in general. Plus a senate sized board all looking for cash.

I agree.

John Stones did put a transfer request in during the summer though so he looks like he could be up for a move if it is to better his career.

I hear Barca are interested but can't afford him but let's not forget they have a buy back clause on Deulofeu for something ridiculous like £8m. I reckon they could say to Everton they will write that clause off if they can get Stones for less than they want.

He will cost a Premier League side at least £40m I reckon.
Oh they can afford anybody just not until the summer.

He's not going to solve our problems, unless we play him in a defensive midfield position, he's not an aggressive centre half, takes risks and is poor getting into defensive positions. We need stability, a top, proven international centre half.

This is a Fifa signing

Completely disagree. We need a calm, measured, stand-off type of defender as he'll play either next to Kompany or Otamendi who are both aggressive and often overcommit. That's why Demi works so well with Kompany or Otameni because their different playing styles compliment one another.

Completely disagree. We need a calm, measured, stand-off type of defender as he'll play either next to Kompany or Otamendi who are both aggressive and often overcommit. That's why Demi works so well with Kompany or Otameni because their different playing styles compliment one another.

Demichelis is a nightmare, he doesn't work well with anyone. He is absolutely brutal. Slow and terrible on the ball. Thinks he is better in possession than he is.

Calm, measured, stand-off type of centre half? Fuck that, give me a centre half that will go an win the ball, first. If he can play a bit of ball, great, if not, midfielders responsibility to go get the ball. I think people are too hung up on this "ball playing" centre back.

Stones will be found out eventually, he literally cannot defend and has no pace to recover. He will have another year or two of grace with the English press, until he becomes and established English centre half, then his mistakes will be crucified relentlessly

Demichelis is a nightmare, he doesn't work well with anyone. He is absolutely brutal. Slow and terrible on the ball. Thinks he is better in possession than he is.

Calm, measured, stand-off type of centre half? Fuck that, give me a centre half that will go an win the ball, first. If he can play a bit of ball, great, if not, midfielders responsibility to go get the ball. I think people are too hung up on this "ball playing" centre back.

Stones will be found out eventually, he literally cannot defend and has no pace to recover. He will have another year or two of grace with the English press, until he becomes and established English centre half, then his mistakes will be crucified relentlessly

Depends who he plays for. If we sign him he'll be pilloried, if he goes to the rags he'll be the English Baresi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.