Vicky Kloss

City generally get superb coverage in the national media, particularly the press. Any "loudmouth average football fan" can see that.

As the person with overall responsibility for City's dealings with the media, she should be lauded for doing such a fantastic job. Afterall, she's a blue and has probably bought some other blues pints at various functions.

Barely a day goes by when I don't read positive slanted articles on City in the press, and it's almost unheard of that they try and put a negative slant on a City related story.

City's strategy of sending out a grey manager who straight bats every single question and us having no other public figure who engages with the media is genius in it's simplicity and Vicky deserves great credit for that. Maybe we should rename the South Stand after her?

Looking at that video, what a great time it was to be a blue.

And a reminder that no matter some of those responsible can frustrate us we owe them some of the best moments of our lives.

Thanks for posting, hadnt seen that gir ages.
I enjoyed that again. Rio Ferdinand there is the embodiment of Man United in that era, and that's the moment we overtook them. He can't believe it because it isn't how it's supposed to be, so he reacts with aggression as though he's somehow the injured party. He tweeted that morning "I feel like a kid on Christmas morning". Well that was the exact moment he realised that Santa came down the chimney, smashed up his Christmas tree and took a shit on his carpet, before going to leave a sackful of presents for the poor kids next door.

It was a special moment in time, the grabbing of of the baton after 30 years. It was the end of one era and the beginning of another.

I know it isn't relevant to how good she is at her job, and she obviously is given the way City have looked after her and progressed her for many years, but she is as passionate and committed a City fan as most of us. I like that. There was a clip of her on telly when we won the FA Cup (or it might have been the United semi) in the last few minutes and she looked absolutely sick with nerves. That's refreshing in an age where a dispassionate and professional demeanor is deemed essential by senior football executives.

She reads Bluemoon, too. I'd say that's a good thing.

That explains why all the player/media thread were pulled.

:)

City generally get superb coverage in the national media, particularly the press. Any "loudmouth average football fan" can see that.

As the person with overall responsibility for City's dealings with the media, she should be lauded for doing such a fantastic job. Afterall, she's a blue and has probably bought some other blues pints at various functions.

Barely a day goes by when I don't read positive slanted articles on City in the press, and it's almost unheard of that they try and put a negative slant on a City related story.

City's strategy of sending out a grey manager who straight bats every single question and us having no other public figure who engages with the media is genius in it's simplicity and Vicky deserves great credit for that. Maybe we should rename the South Stand after her?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

If anything could realistically be done to stop newspapers chasing clicks with biased reporting, do you not think she would've worked towards that end?

Money makes the world go round. Clicks, views, listens, etc, makes the media's revenue go round.

Not everybody, in fact almost nobody except city fans, wants to hear positive MCFC stories.

Get over your paranoia and support our club, its staff and players.

I enjoyed that again. Rio Ferdinand there is the embodiment of Man United in that era, and that's the moment we overtook them. He can't believe it because it isn't how it's supposed to be, so he reacts with aggression as though he's somehow the injured party. He tweeted that morning "I feel like a kid on Christmas morning". Well that was the exact moment he realised that Santa came down the chimney, smashed up his Christmas tree and took a shit on his carpet, before going to leave a sackful of presents for the poor kids next door.

It was a special moment in time, the grabbing of of the baton after 30 years. It was the end of one era and the beginning of another.

I'd actually forgotten about that & seeing it now, without the excitement of the time, I realise what an absolute arsehole he made of himself in front of millions of people & how easily the commentator allows him to get away with what is quite appalling behaviour when it should be completely condemned.

Fans of other clubs watching that, will really have had more confirmation of what an absolute bunch of shits those people are & of course, unsurprisingly, people have little sympathy for them now.

01.53 in. It's not too clear in this but she was definitely having trouble concealing a smirk at the time.

Yep, even in a low res video you can see a slight uplift of one corner of her mouth. A lesser person (me ;) ) would have been pissing themselves as he left the pitch.

01.53 in. It's not too clear in this but she was definitely having trouble concealing a smirk at the time.

Just noticed at 1.45 van der sar rams the camera into the camera man's face. Bet it hurt that as he wouldn't have seen it coming. What a **** he was for doing that. Fucking assault that I'm my eyes

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

If anything could realistically be done to stop newspapers chasing clicks with biased reporting, do you not think she would've worked towards that end?

Money makes the world go round. Clicks, views, listens, etc, makes the media's revenue go round.

Not everybody, in fact almost nobody except city fans, wants to hear positive MCFC stories.

Get over your paranoia and support our club, its staff and players.

Lol, I think you're perhaps missing the point mate. It's precisely because "Money makes the world go round. Clicks, views, listens, etc, makes the media's revenue go round" that we end up with so much negative press!

Our manager gives them absolutely nothing at press conferences, so much so that a lot of journalists resent having to go, I've heard them say that myself. There is no other club spokesman who engages with the media. As I've said previously, Bayern have Hoeness, KHR and Sammer who all regularly engage with the press to defend the club and manager. We have no one.

The press constantly request interviews with City executives and players, and are told they will only have access if they report another article which focus on City's CSR and Care in the Community scheme, that doesn't tend to play too well with newspaper editors, so many journalists don't even bother to ask anymore.

So what we end up is a load of negative shite about attendances etc. The journo's are under pressure from their editors to produce a City story every other day. If we don't engage with them, and give them absolutely nothing, they have to just start inventing negative shit. It's an appalling reality of how the modern media works, but it is where we are.

It's precisely because I'm a City fan and I'm behind the team that I'm pissed off about this strategy. I don't want to see negative articles about City in the paper on an almost daily basis. Our media strategy is completely flawed. Pointing that out does not mean I'm not behind the club, it just means I want better for the club.

I don't think it's "all the press's fault" and part of some dark conspiracy. Some negative stories are inevitable for every club, that's part of having a free press. But other clubs don't get anywhere near the negative slant that we do.

One of the reasons for that is that other clubs engage with the press through their manager, players and club spokesmen. That gives the journalists enough to go off to write articles based on the info they have been given, instead of having to make up shite because they are given nothing to work with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.