Vicky Kloss

I enjoyed that again. Rio Ferdinand there is the embodiment of Man United in that era, and that's the moment we overtook them. He can't believe it because it isn't how it's supposed to be, so he reacts with aggression as though he's somehow the injured party. He tweeted that morning "I feel like a kid on Christmas morning". Well that was the exact moment he realised that Santa came down the chimney, smashed up his Christmas tree and took a shit on his carpet, before going to leave a sackful of presents for the poor kids next door.

It was a special moment in time, the grabbing of of the baton after 30 years. It was the end of one era and the beginning of another.

Only this.

Unless i'm mistaken Baconface was the one who said to Vicky Kloss "you're the stupid woman responsible for that welcome to manchester poster" in the tunnel at Old Trafford after the Bacon Time derby that Owen scored the winner in. Surprised she could sit so close to him. He's a fucking horrible horrible man and after the amount of shit he's spoken about the club i'm surprised that we even let the geriatric **** in the ground let alone give him hospitality.

Unless i'm mistaken Baconface was the one who said to Vicky Kloss "you're the stupid woman responsible for that welcome to manchester poster" in the tunnel at Old Trafford after the Bacon Time derby that Owen scored the winner in. Surprised she could sit so close to him. He's a fucking horrible horrible man and after the amount of shit he's spoken about the club i'm surprised that we even let the geriatric **** in the ground let alone give him hospitality.

High moral ground.

Vicky?

Lol, I think you're perhaps missing the point mate. It's precisely because "Money makes the world go round. Clicks, views, listens, etc, makes the media's revenue go round" that we end up with so much negative press!

Our manager gives them absolutely nothing at press conferences, so much so that a lot of journalists resent having to go, I've heard them say that myself. There is no other club spokesman who engages with the media. As I've said previously, Bayern have Hoeness, KHR and Sammer who all regularly engage with the press to defend the club and manager. We have no one.

The press constantly request interviews with City executives and players, and are told they will only have access if they report another article which focus on City's CSR and Care in the Community scheme, that doesn't tend to play too well with newspaper editors, so many journalists don't even bother to ask anymore.

So what we end up is a load of negative shite about attendances etc. The journo's are under pressure from their editors to produce a City story every other day. If we don't engage with them, and give them absolutely nothing, they have to just start inventing negative shit. It's an appalling reality of how the modern media works, but it is where we are.

It's precisely because I'm a City fan and I'm behind the team that I'm pissed off about this strategy. I don't want to see negative articles about City in the paper on an almost daily basis. Our media strategy is completely flawed. Pointing that out does not mean I'm not behind the club, it just means I want better for the club.

I don't think it's "all the press's fault" and part of some dark conspiracy. Some negative stories are inevitable for every club, that's part of having a free press. But other clubs don't get anywhere near the negative slant that we do.

One of the reasons for that is that other clubs engage with the press through their manager, players and club spokesmen. That gives the journalists enough to go off to write articles based on the info they have been given, instead of having to make up shite because they are given nothing to work with.

Hmm, no I didn't miss the point. If you read what I said again, you'll notice I said we get negative press because of the money side.

Anyway, your way of thinking may be what's flawed. Just because we 'give them what they want' doesn't mean they won't bite the hand that feeds them. They can still, and will, sensationalise a quote from our manager, players, etc, and pretty much turn it into how they want punters to read it.

Why give them anything? I can quite easily handle negative press about attendances. Water off a duck's back.

Everybody thinks that they get more negative press than the rest, that's a fact. So I'm not sure that it's worthwhile using it as an argument that 'other clubs don't get anywhere near the negative slant that we do'.

And if we do, it's like I said, nobody wants to see 'oil rich City' do well because we didn't 'earn' it. That's unfortunately the way we are seen by most fans nowadays, and probably will be for another 5-10 years. That's not our fault and the only way that will pass is through time and more trophies.

Unless i'm mistaken Baconface was the one who said to Vicky Kloss "you're the stupid woman responsible for that welcome to manchester poster" in the tunnel at Old Trafford after the Bacon Time derby that Owen scored the winner in. Surprised she could sit so close to him.

And him a Knight of the Realm too ! ( for services to the whiskey industry presumably ? )

He really is an odious, arrogant self-important tw*t who totally represents everything which is so endemic at the club and it's " supporters "

Last edited by a moderator:

Is that actually true?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.