Time catching up with Zabaleta?

Personally I think sagna deserves an extension...

The reality is yaya, zab, komp, silva, could all be gone within the next 2 years!!

Jeez - that's depressing - it will be the end of an era of 4 of the finest players ever to adorn the sky blue jersey.

One of the downsides of being a very top level team - any slight drop off gets noticed quickly and means a relatively short time at the top table for more of our heroes

Sagna is 34 in feb though. I can't see it. I think one will go this summer though and it could well be Zabba. Sagna is on £150k a week according to papers so I can't see him going anywhere until his contract is up as no one will pay that at that age. Maybe both will stay for the year.

You could be right, didn't realise he was 33...

We can't go into the next campaign with them both here, RB as well as LB, needs surgery!!

Have to agree, very sad to see, zabba has legendary status at our club, let's hope he can recover some form for next year.

Zaba is a City legend. For maybe 3 years he was the best right full back in the PL. We all worried that the lack of rotation, not provided initially by the always injured Richards and last season Sagna, who was poor at first, coupled with his international career would see him burn out early.Sadly this appears to have happened now. He is getting older and the injury appears to have taken its toll. It's very, very sad but at least it's now evident to all. I personally have wanted him back in the team as first choice ever since he returned from injury so at least now it's proved to me that his time has come. If Pep sells him in the Summer I'll bear Pep no grudges which I guess is a positive. Zaba should have seen red today. His frustration, with his own body, when substituted was a mark of the man. He knows it's over and it hurts.Whatever happens in the future he'll always he welcomed back at The Etihad in years to come.

Wasn't pretty watching him vs pedro today and although It looked worrying I'm still willing to put it down to rustiness at this stage

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.