Time catching up with Zabaleta?

I think he knows his body can no longer keep up with his head. He wasn't exactly a great player we brought in at the time. He worked his bollocks of to get to the level he did, and as sure as night follows day, it will/has left him. He wasn't naturally as gifted as the players that can play to 35 at the top level. He was the one who showed fire, grit and passion which carried him through until he honed his skills and footballing abilities for a club that moved forward as fast as we did.

He's one of us, he is one the of reasons we are where we are as a club and he's a legend to all of us. I hope he can stay at the club in some form of capacity. He'd make an excellent coach and would intergrate new players into the city.

Zabs reacted to being substituted like he did because he cares , about the club , team , supporters , but all good things come to an end , i believe he still is good enough for a place in the squad for next season , invaluable experience and commitment should not be discarded , he can still come in and do a job when required and is still very effective in forward positions , but his serious lack of pace is now a concern so his day of being a first choice/regular are gone. He will go down in folklore like Dickov,Morrison,Doyle,DeJong etc., the type of blood and guts player, who have shed blood for the club , legend doesnt even start to describe what Zabs has done for our club , really hope the club treat him with the respect he deserves and do not shove him out of the club back door , in the summer , on a freebie.

For me his recent injuries at his age is why he is of the pace, he just isnt 100% at match fitness even though he is fit.

Zabaleta has been a warrior for City. Heart & soul of the side.

It is always sad to see a hero's form dropping from the highest of standards. Age & injury have not helped.

I don't want this to be his last season with us, but it maybe. I just hope City manage the situation well. Zabaleta has been an inspiration & through example, a leader. He will be missed when he is gone.

Possibly a place in the coaching setup?

Be interesting to see how this plays out.

Yep, totally understandable...

A few were shot down when it was highlighted a while back about his decline, it's not nice to see..

For the 100th time though, he's a bonifide city legend, nothing will change that, it's just time to start planning for life without him!!

He has one year left on his contract as does Sagna. I will be gutted to see Zabaleta go as I also will when some of the others who have been so integral to our success go too. Over the next 1-3 years there will be a few I think.

He has one year left on his contract as does Sagna. I will be gutted to see Zabaleta go as I also will when some of the others who have been so integral to our success go too. Over the next 1-3 years there will be a few I think.

Personally I think sagna deserves an extension...

The reality is yaya, zab, komp, silva, could all be gone within the next 2 years!!

Personally I think sagna deserves an extension...

The reality is yaya, zab, komp, silva, could all be gone within the next 2 years!!

Sagna is 34 in feb though. I can't see it. I think one will go this summer though and it could well be Zabba. Sagna is on £150k a week according to papers so I can't see him going anywhere until his contract is up as no one will pay that at that age. Maybe both will stay for the year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.