Southampton post match thread

Picture Mark Hughes' face in the dugout or Frank Clark's or Alan Ball & ask yourself if you'd blame the manager then.

What this fucker has got away with because of his 'charming man' facade is fucking incredible.

Not saying I like the guy. Or think he's a great manager. Can't wait for Pep. But today I don't blame him.

No substitutions after that shambles of a first half...finish the game with one substitution in hand.

Maybe Pellers has made a calculation error and thinks we've qualified for next year's CL already?

Hart - Was three steps from the header and also beaten at his near post.
Kolarov - Cannot blame him. Why risk injury when you know you're leaving. Just how long has he known, though?
Mangala - Bin the 'can handle strong forwards' myth. Cannot pass and is simply not good enough.
Otamendi - Pass marks just.
Zabaleta - Such a shame. Deserves a send off against Arsenal
Delph - Even he knows he doesn't belong.
Dinho - Probably drew the short straw and had to play.
Sterling - Loses possession consistently. If he can only excel when others create space for him, then we have a problem.
Nasri - Imagine playing in midfield when you cannot risk passing to anyone.
Nacho - Loses possession but at least tries to regain it, and scores.
Bony - Not the worst today. Would like to say he's progressing, but it's only others regressing.

People are expecting a miracle from Pep imo. He can't turn these guys into decent players.

I don't want to waste half a season playing with 9 or 10 men so we can get Sterling and Delph on form. They don't have it. Just send them to NYC or to anyone who'll take them.

Just release Bony, Kolorov, MDM and unfortunately Zabba.

Meh. Can't be bothered writing anymore.

He won't need to, all the shit ones will be gone and Pep will bring in the likes of Gundogan and Pogba.

Zabba should stay as a coach if he wants to, he's earned the right to stay if he fancies it. Legs have gone now but the guy's a legend.

We were pretty crap but Southampton deserve credit for how well they played - very impressed by them. If we were not getting Pep then I would be happy with Koeman being given the managers job at City.

Nasri and Nacho are the only 2 to come out with any credit. Shocking formation and team selection left the centre halves out to dry again

I wouldn't give Nasri any more credit than the rest, he didn't keep his position or support the full back he was in front of, rarely made a telling pass, lost the ball a lot and went hiding most of the match. I know he is just back from injury but I thought he was as poor as anyone bar AK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.