Southampton post match thread

If Pellegrini was any good it would not matter who he put out on the pitch, as they would all be interchangeable.

Trouble is the crap players we have purchased who just are not up to scratch, did he ask for them or were they forced on him?

If it is the later then how the hell will Pep do any better?

Our 2nd X1 should be be built upon the talent in the academy, youngsters keen to progress and with a point to prove. Unfortunately our 2nd X1 currently revolves around players approaching the end of their careers and who no longer have the desire and hunger to succeed in a physically competitive premier league.

I agree, the second team should be full of young lads eager to make the first time, not older blokes who have dropped out of it. The 2nd XI ought to be full of lads on the upward curve, not the downward one.

I'm so disappointed with this season, and I'm missing Dzeko! Iheanacho is exciting and 'one of own' so to speak, but how many more chances can Bony get? something stinks. I WANT every City to do well when they arrive, but it's just worked out for Bony, and it just stink that he's getting so much game time ahead of Nacho. That won't continue next season, that's for sure.

We've won a trophy this season, and we're in the CL semi 2nd leg with a decent 'chance' - and yet the entire season feels full of missed opportunities and dire performances. I genuinely fear Pep may struggle, and then were do we go? we've put Pep on some pedestal as though he's the Messiah - and I suspect he's far from that.

I honestly can't see us making Top 4 based on that performance.

We could have had it wrapped up.

No way will we beat both Arsenal & Swansea, in my opinion, based on that today.

Most of that team will be no where near the starting 11 for them two games. Zaba, Kolarov, Delph, Bony and probably Sterling won't be in it.

Last 2 games we should play

Hart
Clichy
Komps
Ota
Sagna
Fernando
Dinho
Nasri
Navas
KDB
Aguero

Its possible, but I dont think so because one of his strengths is getting the most out of the players at his disposal. If MP were able to get even 50 fucking percent out of our lot in the league, I feel like we would have had much more of a say in where the Prem title ended up this season.

I think for the first time since the takeover we will take the league by storm in the way we have all wanted to see us do it.

I sincerely hope you're right, but I certainly don't believe it will happen next season. Too much rebuilding to be done as well as Pep settling into new territory

I honestly can't see us making Top 4 based on that performance.

We could have had it wrapped up.

No way will we beat both Arsenal & Swansea, in my opinion, based on that today.
Why do you continue to post such utter drivel?

Allegedly you are a Blue..... so I ask,why you would base anything on a team that had eight players missing from our best line up? and the same eight that will probably play in our remaining games?

4231 with first choice players and we will be fine. 442, even with Nacho and Kun up front, we will come unstuck.

My big fear is that he will try and shoehorn Yaya into the team by playing him as one of the defensive two, in which case we can kiss it all goodbye. I'd rather see Yaya as an impact sub tbh ... but if he starts it has to be with both Ferns in then side. If that means pushing KDB wider, so be it.

I sincerely hope you're right, but I certainly don't believe it will happen next season. Too much rebuilding to be done as well as Pep settling into new territory
I agree. Does this finally mean you are accepting that mp has taken us backwards?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.