Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt Otamendi the best centre half in Spain when we signed him? I really will wait for Laporte to perform before actually believing he is top class. After the Mangala and Otamendi debacles, I just cannot believe an centre half costing over 30m is a sure thing ever again.
It's strange their are folks who consider Ota's first season a debacle. Hi inconsistent? Yes. Debacle? Far from it.

It's strange their are folks who consider Ota's first season a debacle. Hi inconsistent? Yes. Debacle? Far from it.

Right here with you Dax. I have no idea why this guy gets so much flack. We allowed 1.07 GPG and the best was 0.97. I think it's a total fallacy that our CB's were a major issue. How about the fact that Pellers had a questionable season tactically....how about the fact that our attack was worthless once KDB went down...how about the fact that our squad is old as hell...how about everyone but KDB didn't meet/exceed expectations (Kun was standard kun).

No...I'm crazy. Manga and Otamendi ruined our season apparently. Let's throw 80m at CBs. Total joke IMO.

Not bothered 1 bit about Laporte we need decent fullbacks who can help fill in. Mangala & Otamendi will both improve under Pep.

Not every player in our side will improve under Pep. Some will and others will be shifted off or benched. I'd assume Mangala would.

Mangala & Otamendi both good players who were left exposed by Pellegrini style of play. More than convinced they'll both improve under Pep.

Otamendi has a shot. Mangala isn't great on the ball, nor is he reknowned for his intelligence or passing range. He seems the polar opposite of a 'Pep player'.

Otamendi has a shot. Mangala isn't great on the ball, nor is he reknowned for his intelligence or passing range. He seems the polar opposite of a 'Pep player'.

(Not attacking you). Anyone else sick of this rhetoric about 'pep players'. If he's so transcendent why can't he adjust and maximize players that aren't prototypical to his system? If it's just a system then he isn't really that transcendent now is he?

(Not attacking you). Anyone else sick of this rhetoric about 'pep players'. If he's so transcendent why can't he adjust and maximize players that aren't prototypical to his system? If it's just a system then he isn't really that transcendent now is he?

I get what you mean, that's why I put it in quotation marks. I'm also sick of the rhetoric 'Pep will make player X a star'. You can't make average players world beaters simply by changing coaches. I think there has to be balance between the two; you must have players that help you implement a style you think will maximise victories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.