Racist incidents on the rise?

Can someone explain to a foreigner why British people dislike Poles? Never heard of them doing anything to anyone. Almost like Jews, disliked for no apparent reason.
Because their racist, and racism has no logic behind it. But what you often find is that when a minority group is particularly successful (as the Jews have been for large parts of history) in relation to the pre-existing population, that almost breeds more resentment. The Chinese get it throughout Asia, because there are lots of countries where they are a minority that's more prosperous than the majority. That's what Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing was about, where the black community are angry that every business in the neighbourhood is run by an Italian or a Korean, or whatever, and none of the local people run successful businesses. Let's face it, nothing rubs your own failures in you face better than someone who barely speaks English coming with little money and through hard work building a successful business. And it didn't exactly help that the (well deserved) positive stereotypes of Polish workers were often accompanied by a slagging off of British workers.

Can someone explain to a foreigner why some people in British dislike Poles? Never heard of them doing anything to anyone. Almost like Jews, disliked for no apparent reason.

Pinned to the door of the Polish community centre in Llanelli this morning. Absolutely no problem with Poles, they work bloody hard, they've been here for yonks and they did a lot to help save our bacon in WW2.

13537538_10153514235556854_7052339907228073082_n.jpg

I don't dislike them, use to have a few as neighbours and stand outside smoking with them. There isn't a logical reason to dislike them, only racist idiots dislike them.
Well my goats cheese starter I had last week took ages because I could hear the Polish chefs whooping and hollering during their penalty shoot out. I've got to say, had it not been delicious when it finally arrived I might have erred on the side of dislike.
Other than that, the Poles are sound.

The perception of labour movement between countries can often be at the root of racial stereotyping. There still appears to be a strong belief that citizens from other countries can obtain work in the UK, yet UK residents struggle to get work in other countries. I haven't a clue whether this is true or not, however I do find that many people have this view, irrespective of the race of the immigrants.

The perception of labour movement between countries can often be at the root of racial stereotyping. There still appears to be a strong belief that citizens from other countries can obtain work in the UK, yet UK residents struggle to get work in other countries. I haven't a clue whether this is true or not, however I do find that many people have this view, irrespective of the race of the immigrants.

I have that view, because there are no jobs in many other EU countries. Unemployment stats are unbelievably high.

Pinned to the door of the Polish community centre in Llanelli this morning. Absolutely no problem with Poles, they work bloody hard, they've been here for yonks and they did a lot to help save our bacon in WW2.

13537538_10153514235556854_7052339907228073082_n.jpg

A great picture and a point i raised yesterday funnily enough.

I have that view, because there are no jobs in many other EU countries. Unemployment stats are unbelievably high.

Please let us know of examples of jobs you have been knocked back for in the EU? The EU youth unemployment rate is quite high at 19% and the overall unemployment rate is about half of that.

Last edited:
Heard on the radio this morning that GMP have not recorded a rise in hate crimes since the referendum. Seems these stories making the news are isolated incidents spread very thinly around the country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.