Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think there were many cylinders missing when they came to the Etihad, well before December.

I think it is going to take some months for Pep to get the squad drilled to what he may see as an acceptable level. I would hope that we continue to develop throughout his tenure but the longer it goes on, the more it should be little refinements...

However, we know what sort of football the players we have can deliver when they put their minds to it / are confident. Quite a bit of what Pep does may just be a refinement of what we saw from Pellegrini. What we may witness is a more obviously varied tactical approach to opponents and, I hope, more disciplined and organised movement of the team as a unit. Pep does not have to make radical changes to leverage more out of what he has at his disposal.

This will be a transitional season but that does not mean the manger cannot manage for results alongside coaching improvement.

I think it will be very much a work in progress over the next 12 months, but when we look at last season and then contrast that to what we will see immediately with Pep i hope it will be a stark contrast. It doesn't look like we are going for a huge overhaul of players so not like we have 7 or 8 new players that need gelling together. I'm very hopeful we can start strong this season with the Pep effect getting the players working hard and playing as a team, then his ideas and tactics really developing over the season into how we play.

Don't think there were many cylinders missing when they came to the Etihad, well before December.

I think it is going to take some months for Pep to get the squad drilled to what he may see as an acceptable level. I would hope that we continue to develop throughout his tenure but the longer it goes on, the more it should be little refinements...

However, we know what sort of football the players we have can deliver when they put their minds to it / are confident. Quite a bit of what Pep does may just be a refinement of what we saw from Pellegrini. What we may witness is a more obviously varied tactical approach to opponents and, I hope, more disciplined and organised movement of the team as a unit. Pep does not have to make radical changes to leverage more out of what he has at his disposal.

This will be a transitional season but that does not mean the manger cannot manage for results alongside coaching improvement.

In pep confidential that game is talked about as the first time they get it really right, but they didn't do it consistently before or after that, and it was only after the midseason trip to the Middle East that Guardiola thought it had really clicked.

We're not going to be shit in the first few months. At the end of the day we have one of, if not the most talented squad in the league and a great manager - we should still be doing well even during the transition, but it might show in the bigger games that we aren't there yet.

Enjoyed the Sane pod by the way fella, decent scoop that!

Interesting to hear a perspective from German, good to hear how high hopes for Sane are there. Didn't realise Bert's story was quite so well known there. I have worked with fair few Germans and no one ever mentioned him.

In pep confidential that game is talked about as the first time they get it really right, but they didn't do it consistently before or after that, and it was only after the midseason trip to the Middle East that Guardiola thought it had really clicked.

We're not going to be shit in the first few months. At the end of the day we have one of, if not the most talented squad in the league and a great manager - we should still be doing well even during the transition, but it might show in the bigger games that we aren't there yet.

But there won't be any mid-season break to sort things out this time on the contrary our league challenge may well be defined by form in Dec and Jan. Not too worried how we start really once we stay in touch. Look what happened last season!!! Sane to me looks like the kind of player who can get the crowd up out of their seats and score important goals. I'd say a worthwhile punt.

Pep has never been one for superstar signings. His bigger purchases have been Ibehinovic and Götze and neither worked out well.

That's a good point and I think Mourinho loves to manage big egos rather than go after developing young players.

When a team spend +100 million on transfers, we expect immediate impact and not transitional season.

IF we are going to let Maffeo, Angelino, A. Garcia & M. Garcia play a big part then I can understand the transitional season thing.

When a team spend +100 million on transfers, we expect immediate impact and not transitional season.

IF we are going to let Maffeo, Angelino, A. Garcia & M. Garcia play a big part then I can understand the transitional season thing.

Don't think it will take a season,but it won't be immediate.

You might get an immediate impact.

But personally I don't give a fuck so long as we are building something, which, when you look back with hindsight, we stopped doing when Mancini won the title.

It took Bayern until January to be firing on all cylinders in Pep's first season and they were. Much more settled side than us, and didn't have the inconvenience of 2 international tournaments interfering with preseason.

I think you're being very optimistic to suggest it'll only take a few games.

One of the top 3 Bayern performances under Pep came at our place in the CL when he'd only been in charge a couple of months. And as I say, if Pellegrini can get a team racking up cricket scores a few months into his tenure, i'm confident that Pep can have us firing on all cylinders by the early autumn no problem. Especially with the influx of quality players we're seeing this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.