Zinchenko, Mooy, Roberts, Moreno, and the new Spanish defender

Why?

Just seems pointless to me to sign these players without the intention of ever really playing them.

Lopes, Suarez, Rekik, zuccilini?

Why?

Now Garcia has gone on loan.

Best academy in the world and we are still buying players who will not feature surely we have them in the academy.

I'm one of those people who preferred my club when we had soul.
Buying these players and having an Academy is just a money making exercise. Buy someone for £5m, sell them for £6m...produce an Academy product for free and sell him for £3.5m.

If every now and again we can bring someone through who is good enough for the first team, that's great, but for big clubs the Academy is to keep ticking over the profits. It's not really about having players for the first team because very few will ever be good enough at 18 to get in a top club's squad.

Look at Barcelona with their famous La Masia; who was the last player produced from that who made it in the Barça first team and stayed there?- Busquets eight years ago?

Same as buying these players who'll never make the first team squad. Even if we make £250000 on selling them, it's a profit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfectly happy with the direction the club's going in and the buying, selling, development of talent here and at partner clubs but I just hope that everything is watertight legally on all the deals we're making.
Just a bit nervous that Gill and his cronies will be watching us like hawks, waiting to put the boot in when they can.

Seriously the club can't win with some people. When other teams buy youngsters from nowhere that flourish you hear 'Why can't our scouts find players like this'. Then we start signing the best regarded youngsters from around the world and it's 'What about our own academy? Why bother buying these players when we send them on loan?

See the bigger picture ffs. This is one of the dumbest threads I've seen on here in a long, long time.

Zinchenko, roberts and Moreno definitely have something to offer the club Silva, navas and nolito aren't getting any younger and I believe mooy could surprise a few people if he continues his good form think he could give pep a big decision to make next summer ideally a loan to a newly promoted side so we can't see if he can't deliver in our league, but he has ability add ante coric/sessegnon and Jesus to that list and we are looking at a very bright future.

Which United/Liverpool/Arsenal academy players currently play in the starting elevens?

I can't think of any.

Least we have Nacho.

Two words "financial sustainability" anyone thinking Manchester City FC should be the footballing equivalent of the Walton's should start supporting Melchester Rovers. We're on a journey to become the biggest, most successful football club in the world and therefore inevitably we have to become a real world business Personally I believe that has more "soul" than expecting ADUG to perpetually fund us. Fundamentally sustainability needs to be achieved for our critics to be silenced the academy is part of that plan.

Buying these players and having an Academy is just a money making exercise. Buy someone for £5m, sell them for £6m...produce an Academy product for free and sell him for £3.5m.

If every now and again we can bring someone through who is good enough for the first team, that's great, but for big clubs the Academy is to keep ticking over the profits. It's not really about having players for the first team because very few will ever be good enough at 18 to get in a top club's squad.
Academy products are not free, there are large overheads and the profit on a player is not the difference between the buying and selling price there will be a lot of other costs involved including agents fees wages taxes and our own costs.
The Academy is there to provide players for the team as is the buying of young players from other teams however the attrition rate will be large as so few players make it to the level that City are aspiring to.
Citys fundamental business is the marketing and image of a successful football team and that is what all these players are planned for. Of course we will want to minimise our losses or turn a profit where possible on those who don't make it but very few of our purchases will ever be made without the thought that ultimately they can help the first team. Mooy may be an exception.

There are a small amount of fans who are not comfortable with the direction the club is going, it's quite sad really

I saw recently they had done a study and found that loyalty and allegiance are forged as much if not more by negative experiences as positive. So you are probably right there are possibly quite a few who yearn for the old days.

I personally am a greedy f@!?er who wants it all. I want us to be absolute shite whilst winning the champions league.

Soul is overrated, unless its northern.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.