Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
from a fallen player, hated by most bluemooner
almost gone to Besiktas.
and now playing important role in Pep's team.
nobody saw this coming.

He's saved us £40 -£50m. I don't think we could have taken the risk of relying on a centre back trio of Stones, Otamendi & Kompany given Kompany's injury record. But with Kolarov as a back up we can put off a decision on replacing Kompany until Jan. Very helpful for managing the CL squad numbers too.

Some of his passes today were outstanding - just cutting through their midfield at will. Each of those passes breaking the lines could be goal-scoring opportunities if we had more creativity in the final third. I am less worried about our CB options this year. Lets get the midfield play sorted. Hopefully it will happen in the next 15 days. Good that our midfield is not out on International duty!

Excellent again.

Not tested defensively but I don't expect him to be 1st or 2nd choice at CB against the top teams. However, at home vs the bottom half teams I'd partner him with Stones most of the time.

from a fallen player, hated by most bluemooner
almost gone to Besiktas.
and now playing important role in Pep's team.
nobody saw this coming.
He's not hated by most bluemooners at all. Just the mouthy fuckers who can't help themselves. Whilst not being perfect some of us appreciate his efforts over the years. Glad to see him doing well.

Who'd have thought he's not a bad centre back, not me? Credit both Pep and himself for turning it around - the one caveat is we're only 4 games in but I hope he carries on at this level. Funny that when a new manager comes in there is always one player who surprises you, I don't think anyone would have put money on it being Kolarov.

I would like to see him in FB than CB and when he plays CB I prefer to see him stay deep and not bring ball up by himself. His passing is good but for me Fernandinho link up better and clever.

Kolarov was fantastic in August last season as well, if he is this good next month as well then fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.