Swansea away

Thanks will have a look later . We were thinking of the premier inn north just off the m4 it says it's near the stadium . Can u get a bus from there or would we need a taxi ?

looks like its a taxi job im afraid. Theres buss tops near the hotel but they seem to head into swansea bus station in town and not past the Liberty ground.

you could walk it but i would say its a good 3 miles.

Seeing as we're down there twice in a week can any blues givr any advise on where to get a pre match pint and also where to park.

I went down when we had them last game of the season in May 2015 I think and we parked on neath road, not too far from the Liberty stadium. There are a few pubs on the walk down, one was called the coopers and I can't remember the other but it was pretty much a house with a bar.

The coopers was ok, good banter between fans etc but there were Swansea lads snorting daz quite openly and when the atmosphere is encouraged by snorting daz I can't help but feel that your only one line in a song away from glasses being thrown and as I'm with the wife I'm worried she'll start throwing.

Has anyone been into the city centre pre match? Is it easy enough to park and get to the ground from? Or has anyone got any other recommendations?

After the 4 hour drive I wouldn't mind somewhere that does a good pint of real ale and maybe has sky so that I can watch a bit of Leicester beating Utd.

Cheers in advance.

As someone now based down here there are a few drinking options.

As noted earlier Wind Street has a selection of bars and is the main area for nightlife. It's not for the feint hearted and is a melting pot for 16-90 year olds who are all on the lash.

For something a bit nicer I'd recommend the Riverhouse in SA1. The beer is good (Moretti) and it overlooks, as the name suggests, the Tawe River. There's lots of pay and display car parks nearby... or you could chance leaving it in Sainsbury's, which is just 2 mins walk away over the sail bridge. SA1 is only 5 mins walk from the town centre.

If you choose the Riverhouse you can also walk alongside the river all the way to the ground, which takes about 20mins.

As for hotels there's a Premier Inn and a Village Hotel in SA1. There's also another Premier Inn and a Travel Lodge in town (close to Wind Street). At the higher end there's Morgan's, Marriott and The Dragon. Out of those I'd recommend Morgan's.

Beyond that you could opt for a B&B on the seafront, but you might not live to tell the tale :-)

afraid not mate, although my mum now lives in Aberdulais so i do go that way pretty often. Im in the beautiful picturesque seaside resort of Porthcawl. the welsh riviera :-) pmsl.

looks like its a taxi job im afraid. Theres buss tops near the hotel but they seem to head into swansea bus station in town and not past the Liberty ground.

you could walk it but i would say its a good 3 miles.
Thanks for your help we booked into the mecure in the end .

We go to wetherspoons in port talbot, short distance away by coach. Full of blues and it has to be the cheapest wetherspoons in the UK.

Good shout...our bus stops there everytime we go.
The famous cheltenham and glouc lot usually take it over though!!

As someone now based down here there are a few drinking options.

As noted earlier Wind Street has a selection of bars and is the main area for nightlife. It's not for the feint hearted and is a melting pot for 16-90 year olds who are all on the lash.

For something a bit nicer I'd recommend the Riverhouse in SA1. The beer is good (Moretti) and it overlooks, as the name suggests, the Tawe River. There's lots of pay and display car parks nearby... or you could chance leaving it in Sainsbury's, which is just 2 mins walk away over the sail bridge. SA1 is only 5 mins walk from the town centre.

If you choose the Riverhouse you can also walk alongside the river all the way to the ground, which takes about 20mins.

As for hotels there's a Premier Inn and a Village Hotel in SA1. There's also another Premier Inn and a Travel Lodge in town (close to Wind Street). At the higher end there's Morgan's, Marriott and The Dragon. Out of those I'd recommend Morgan's.

Beyond that you could opt for a B&B on the seafront, but you might not live to tell the tale :-)

Cheers for the info.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.