New car park rules a farce

Bloody hell - how much are city bunging asda to have the right to close a supermarkets car park exit and force everyone in there to turn right and get stuck in small streets around the velodrome! There was nowt wrong with last season, on the matches that mum couldnt walk well we got picked up in the asda mcdonalds car park, and got out onto alan turning way, and off to oldham road. Not any more eh city..

This is part of the email city have just sent out -

We will introduce a 'no left turn' out of the Asda car park with a temporary closure on Gibbon Street (westbound). A diversion route for vehicles exiting the Asda car park will be implemented around Gibbon Street, Stuart Street, Archer Street, Fairclough Street, Bank Street and onto Ashton New Road. This will allow us to turn vehicles right out of Gate 2 on to Alan Turing Way which we have previously not been able to do.

We will introduce a 'no left turn' out of the Asda car park with a temporary closure on Gibbon Street (westbound). A diversion route for vehicles exiting the Asda car park will be implemented around Gibbon Street, Stuart Street, Archer Street, Fairclough Street, Bank Street and onto Ashton New Road. This will allow us to turn vehicles right out of Gate 2 on to Alan Turing Way which we have previously not been able to do.

Got an email which read:

At the start of this season I wrote to all Seasoncard holders to advise of some changes we were making to the matchday car parking operation at the Etihad Stadium, following feedback from supporters. In that note I said that we would monitor and review these changes and make adjustments to the plan, where necessary.

We are now three home games into the season and despite tweaking the operation each game, it is evident that the changes we implemented are not working as hoped and we need to address this. As such, starting at the Borussia Monchengladbach home match we are revising the plan, as follows:

Gate 1 returns to being a pedestrian only gate for both entry and exit to the campus.

Gate 2 is the vehicular gate for entry and exit for all Blue car parks.

We will implement increased control measures at the junction of Joe Mercer Way and Sport City Way to minimise vehicle and pedestrian interaction. The only way this will work safely is with your co-operation and compliance, so please can I ask that you respect the instruction of the stewards and the signage at this junction.

Blue Car parks H, J, K and L will be held for up to 15-minutes after the final whistle (as it was last season) to allow the flow of pedestrians on Joe Mercer Way to cross Sport City Way.

In the main, these changes revert back to how the car parks operated during the 2015/16 season, albeit with greater control measures in place and further learnings from this review.

When we make changes to the way we operate things, we do so with the supporters' best interests at the forefront of our decision making. These changes often rely on the co-operation of our supporters to make them effective. Unfortunately, the new measures we introduced for the first three home games were not as effective as we had hoped.

We will continue to monitor and review these changes, along with any supporter feedback received throughout the season and where necessary, we will continue to make adjustments and improvements to the plan.

Never mind asda, I bet the residents on the asda exit route aren't best pleased. I think they could go to the Council and say it goes against both asda and city planning consents.

In the old days they'd have put this first to Points of Blue and been told it wouldn't work. I find it hard to think that anyone dealing with traffic flows and pedestrian movements thought it would work.

Tried the main car park last night as it was free. Left on 80 as had daughter going to school in the morning. Got out steady enough and around the velodrome back streets through Clayton in no time at all. I would rather pay the £5 for car parks near the ground tbh. I must say it was well organised tbf. Wouldn't relish it at full time though!

Has anyone got any idea what was going on with parking at Asda today? The velodrome was shut to football parking (even though the blokes on the gate on Tuesday and Wednesday both said it would be open) so we turn up at Asda and a guy in an orange high vis says he's employed by the club to tell us Asda is not available for football parking and we should go to the Blue car park at the Etihad.
Asked in Asda they said they didn't know anything about it or who he was.

Has anyone got any idea what was going on with parking at Asda today? The velodrome was shut to football parking (even though the blokes on the gate on Tuesday and Wednesday both said it would be open) so we turn up at Asda and a guy in an orange high vis says he's employed by the club to tell us Asda is not available for football parking and we should go to the Blue car park at the Etihad.
Asked in Asda they said they didn't know anything about it or who he was.
Sounds about right. I wouldimagine the Asda car park is for people doing their shopping .

Cars should be banned for a 3 mile radius of the ground for 3 hours before kickoff to 2 hours after the final whistle.
This would encourage people to use public transport, drink and make more noise.
With the increase in usage of public transport, the authorities would then be forced to increase its effectiveness and the club would make more money through increased pints sold in City Square.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.