Ticket queues in Glasgow

It needs to be improved but kept. It is stopping points whores and people selling on. When we first played Barca away I was desperate to go. I am a season ticket holder of 30+ years so it was a dream game. I went home and away two seasons on the run when we were in the lower leagues. I couldn't qualify for a ticket. My mate who had been to probably one game in those 30 years bought a ticket off a point whore. That's not fair.

it seems sensible that on a club trip people are allocated tickets on the journey. It's a plane load of people not adding to the queues.

If I had a last pound in the world I'd bet it that you didn't queue up in in the pissing rain for a couple of hours of your life yesterday.

I queued for over 90 Minutes yesterday, parked up next to The Old Fruit market at 2:15ish & was about 4:05 when we left the venue, I agree with the main feeling in that the organisation was a shambles, Ideally we wouldn't have to do it, but for whatever reason we do, secondly there should have been better organisation & more staff on.

From my point of view the staff that was on were trying there best, The 2 guys checking your ID into the venue were trying to control the crowds, stopping people from pushing through but were getting Dog's abuse of blues & the staff doing the tickets seeing to be going as quick as they can but again were generally being spoke to like shit, & people crowding round the table rather than just waiting in the queue to be called forward....Not a difficult concept to grasp! So if it had been like that all day, I'm not surprised some blues got a bit of attitude, the staff were only human.

By the way, some of our fans were an absolute disgrace in that queue (& the ground but that's another story), I saw at least 2 taking coke while queuing & as we got near the door, a coach pulled & a load of people got off to get tickets. Instead of doing the normal thing & queuing, they decided they were better than everyone else & decide to crown round near the door & push in, causing a real crush as you went in, pushing & making it difficult for the lads checking ID. 2 blues were very close to coming to blows, one said something jokingly to a lad that had pushed in behind him, the other lad just going straight off at him was obvious he was on something, aggressive attitudes with other blues....What's the fucking point, were in the same boat.

So a process that was a pain in the arse in the first place, was made a lot worse by our fans inability to be civilised & just deal with the situation!

Travelled on the £39 Thomson Day trip and was given my ticket before we'd even got out of Manchester. Didn't even have to show any ID.
Got to Glasgow and couldn't meet anyone because they were all stuck in the queue.
Absolute farce, and close to packing it all in.

4 of us on Bus 2, we were given our tickets within 20 mins of getting on the bus and not once were we asked for ID and to top it off if you were sat on the lefthand side of the bus you got piss wet as the bus was leaking all the way home.

I think the best thing to do would be to contact Danny Wilson by email. If enough fans do it we might get somewhere.

The arrogance of the staff when you get there is disgusting. I was told by Lisa Eaton after complaining about standing in the rain for half a hour "if I don't like it then don't come". Well Lisa shove your tickets it's the last time I go barring semi finals or finals.

How can you "if you don't like it then don't come" if you are already there?? Lisa has helped me in the past but this appears to be very immature and unprofessional. Chisolm will be loving it.

I queued for over 90 Minutes yesterday, parked up next to The Old Fruit market at 2:15ish & was about 4:05 when we left the venue, I agree with the main feeling in that the organisation was a shambles, Ideally we wouldn't have to do it, but for whatever reason we do, secondly there should have been better organisation & more staff on.

From my point of view the staff that was on were trying there best, The 2 guys checking your ID into the venue were trying to control the crowds, stopping people from pushing through but were getting Dog's abuse of blues & the staff doing the tickets seeing to be going as quick as they can but again were generally being spoke to like shit, & people crowding round the table rather than just waiting in the queue to be called forward....Not a difficult concept to grasp! So if it had been like that all day, I'm not surprised some blues got a bit of attitude, the staff were only human.

By the way, some of our fans were an absolute disgrace in that queue (& the ground but that's another story), I saw at least 2 taking coke while queuing & as we got near the door, a coach pulled & a load of people got off to get tickets. Instead of doing the normal thing & queuing, they decided they were better than everyone else & decide to crown round near the door & push in, causing a real crush as you went in, pushing & making it difficult for the lads checking ID. 2 blues were very close to coming to blows, one said something jokingly to a lad that had pushed in behind him, the other lad just going straight off at him was obvious he was on something, aggressive attitudes with other blues....What's the fucking point, were in the same boat.

So a process that was a pain in the arse in the first place, was made a lot worse by our fans inability to be civilised & just deal with the situation!

Some people have nothing in their lives bar drugs, booze and football and they don't give a shit about anyone else. I cant be arsed with any away games now as every one is full of them.

Who would have thought that getting thousands of fans to collect tickets in the city of a match (most of them on the match day) would cause problems? And still, unless I have missed it at some point, there has not been an explanation as to why this has been introduced. The "point whore" thing may be a happy by product but it is not the reason.

In a round-a-bout way it's a good thing that the staff were spoken to like shit because it might give the club a kick up the arse they need about this as they will not want their staff to be treated like that (you'd hope, anyway) and that's the club's fault not the fans giving the abuse. I'm sure the staff have thick enough skin and are big enough to take it and forget about it and understand why it was happening despite it not being ideal to go to work to be spoken to like that.... and in a round-a-bout way it's good people were getting pissed off and pushing in and trying to force their way through because it shows what an absolute shambles the whole thing was despite it not being good queue etiquette ...know what i mean?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.