City v Boro post match

There certainly is a pattern, not much we can do about it though other than tough it out and beat our title rivals when we play them. Liverpool and Chelsea have the luxury of no Europe but they will hit sticky patches at some point.
I think chelsea will win it. I like their team. Hazard is on fire and he can do it for a whole season if they have no distractions.

I think City will improve when CL group is over. Hopefully we can qualify next game, and then the Premiership takes priority but by then Chelsea and Arsenal will be ahead.

Pep made mistakes yesterday I never said he didn't.

Let me ask you a question since you seem so quick to defend the right to criticise. Do you think Pep Guardiola is intelligent enough to learn from what he sees happening to his teams on the pitch ?

Can you give some examples of where Pep has learned "more from defeat & setbacks than from wins "

I know, but there is a trend now that after Champions League games we struggle in Premiership:

Celtic away. Go and get overwhelmed at Spurs
Barcelona away: return and draw at home to Saints
Barce at home: Drop points to a Boro team who scarcely crossed the half-way line.

Champions League is playing a part. Guardiola doesn't seem to trust players like Kelechi, Nolito, Sane etc but those players need to start after games in Europe.

It's a great point and our squad is small. It just shows us that paying good players to either not play or play for other clubs is not really good for a long slog of a season. Yaya, nasri, Denayor, Roberts, that Ukrainian wonder kid midfielder all these players are good squad players and would slot into the current first team and allow us a bit of rest and rotation in these games or Utd away in the egg cup. I simply don't see the point of paying them to play for another team or not at all if it means our players don't get a rest. It's only just November as well there is a hell of a long way to go.

The answer is and always will be, take our chances and put the game out of sight fella.
That's part of it, but I reckon Kompany's height and urgency would have helped at the back.

All the top teams will lose goals like that, but we have a habit of giving teams two or three chances quite cheaply. Our defending could be a lot better. We play good football, but at the moment we don't look good enough to win the league.

I think chelsea will win it. I like their team. Hazard is on fire and he can do it for a whole season if they have no distractions.

I think City will improve when CL group is over. Hopefully we can qualify next game, and then the Premiership takes priority but by then Chelsea and Arsenal will be ahead.

They were only league champions two seasons ago and still have a very good team. Shows how low Jose took them last year fingers crossed he does it with United this year.

Think the champions league is suited more to how we want to play, if we can get to the semis and give a better account of what we did in Madrid I will be happy.

It's a great point and our squad is small. It just shows us that paying good players to either not play or play for other clubs is not really good for a long slog of a season. Yaya, nasri, Denayor, Roberts, that Ukrainian wonder kid midfielder all these players are good squad players and would slot into the current first team and allow us a bit of rest and rotation in these games or Utd away in the egg cup. I simply don't see the point of paying them to play for another team or not at all if it means our players don't get a rest. It's only just November as well there is a hell of a long way to go.
Ideally we needed points in the bag to handle teams like Chelsea, and Liverpool. I think we will improve as the team settles down, but we can't reply on Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero to play 2 games a week throughout the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.