City v Boro post match

Its been said by many. Players need to take responsibility in and around the box and shoot when they have the chance rather than effectively bottling it and looking for an easy pass.

We create enough chances in 90 mins to win several games.

Just watched the game again this morning and as well as that, Kun aside we have zero movement inside the box with nobody making a run. Too easy for defences at this level when you dont even attempt to get in behind or make the runs that will drag defenders out of position.

And you're proof that having a player as a mate doesn't provide objectivity.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player or even that he doesn't battle. He has great talent but like a few other players, he doesn't seem to have that little extra mental strength that would make him the equal of players like Messi. Yesterday Aguero scored his 150th goal for us and needs 3 more to catch Colin Bell. Bell, like Silva, was a midfielder who Silva often gets compared to. But every full season he played for us, Bell got goals in double figures. Silva's only done it once.

I agree he should have been subbed and said so at the game. Nolito should have been on for him, or maybe Kompany with Kolarov moved up into midfield. But getting kicked, as he does, as Aguero does, as Sterling does, has no relation to mental toughness. I don't think those other two have enough of it either by the way. With Silva and Sterling it shows through their reluctance to shoot even when in good positions. To me, that indicates they're more worried about missing than scoring and that's the sort of attitude I'm taking about.
Comparing Bell with Silva. That's the lack of knowledge/football intelligence I'm referring to.

The only comparison to make is about their quality. They are totally different players.

I've had the privilege to talk to Colin Bell about the comparison about 12 months ago. He said they were nothing like each other playing wise but from a quality/skill point of view he said Silva was far better. Silva is in his opinion is the best City player..ever. He's not Silva's mate he's Colin Bell.

Proof again that age doesn't necessarily provide wisdom or knowledge.

Revert to type.. getting kicked to shit for your pleasure yet again. Should've been subbed due to fatigue around 70 mins. Mind you the whole team bar maybe Navas & Stones were as worthy to be subbed due to their individual performances yesterday.

Mental toughness? You have no idea how tough the little fucker is..
+ did they not come from behind to beat the 'best' team on the planet! Surely that takes mental strength?

Comparing Bell with Silva. That's the lack of knowledge/football intelligence I'm referring to.

The only comparison to make is about their quality. They are totally different players.

I've had the privilege to talk to Colin Bell about the comparison about 12 months ago. He said they were nothing like each other playing wise but from a quality/skill point of view he said Silva was far better. Silva is in his opinion is the best City player..ever. He's not Silva's mate he's Colin Bell.

You'll just get shouted down by those who can't handle the reality of the situation.

The reality of the situation - for anyone interested - is that this forum would be virtually free of this melodramatic bullshit if not for a single header in injury time.

A man of your vintage should know such a generalisation can be levelled at most managers. Mourinho will take the rags into mid table obscurity before changes, Klopp will have the scousers conceding three a game from set pieces before he changes, Wenger's so stubborn Arsenal supporters literally feel like they've been living the same season over and over again since 2006.

In that sense at some point you have to respect and trust that the manager has an idea of why they're doing what they're doing. Having the best manager in the world means that you have to show a little more respect and trust. Even you Bill.
If Mourinho, Wenger etc are responsible for failure then they deserve criticism. You seem to undermine your own point.

I bet Guardiola is extremely self-critical and I think the team and subs could have been set up better and used better.

At 1-0, only chance Boro had was a high ball into the box. I said that at KO. Only way Boro would score was from a set-piece and that is effectively what happened. At 80 mins, Kompany should have been on to reduce that threat. Nolito and Kelechi should also have come on a lot earlier. Team was tired and needed fresh legs.

You're not invited to my party!
I clap when I'm happy mate not just a happy clapper prepared to praise or criticise pep with what he achieve s at city nowhere else .
At the moment imho we arnt much further forward than at this point last season when we were top
I think sometimes pep wants to be seent to be being too clever and messing the team about after they have played well ,we are no closer to a settled back four and he carnt decide what to do with playing 3 no 10s in midfield playing one out wide with 3 wingers to choose from.
Let's see how we go against to 4 teams but for me we are on a par with early last season

If Mourinho, Wenger etc are responsible for failure then they deserve criticism. You seem to undermine your own point.

I bet Guardiola is extremely self-critical and I think the team and subs could have been set up better and used better.

At 1-0, only chance Boro had was a high ball into the box. I said that at KO. Only way Boro would score was from a set-piece and that is effectively what happened. At 80 mins, Kompany should have been on to reduce that threat. Nolito and Kelechi should also have come on a lot earlier. Team was tired and needed fresh legs.

Show me a side in world football that isnt susceptible to a set piece/cross Marv.

You cant because one doesn't exist and never will.

He brings Kompany on and he either pushes into midfield or replaces a CB. The goal came from Clichy not doing his job and the addition of Vinny would have changed nothing.

There are times when you've got to find that bit extra, which is what separates the wheat from the chaff.
I know, but there is a trend now that after Champions League games we struggle in Premiership:

Celtic away. Go and get overwhelmed at Spurs
Barcelona away: return and draw at home to Saints
Barce at home: Drop points to a Boro team who scarcely crossed the half-way line.

Champions League is playing a part. Guardiola doesn't seem to trust players like Kelechi, Nolito, Sane etc but those players need to start after games in Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.